15 - Russia.

She gave a wordless cry, ran into his arms and pressed her face against his chest. His arms went around her, drawing her to him, holding her close. Without wanting to, tears chocked her and she sobbed.

She raised her swimming eyes towards his and found his lips, consuming it in a ferocious kiss of gratitude and longing. When it was over, they lay in each other's arms.

"How did you get past the guards stationed outside?"

"Wasn't easy. Had to persuade them."

"Persuade?"

"Hun-hun. Some were quite easy, others, not so much. There was this particular one that was especially difficult. He's missing his hat, shirt, and gun belt."

Pamela placed her hand over her mouth to keep from laughing loud. "What if he realizes you pulled a fast one on him?"

"Did I forget to mention he's sound asleep in the stairwell?"

"My God!"

"I couldn't exactly tell you to open the door and receive me with open arms."

"Tell me you're joking." She moaned.

"I'm joking," He said admits laughter. "Remember I snuck into this house weeks ago to stop you from getting married. I know how to navigate without being seen."

She nodded with relief. "Were you the one that called?"

"Yes."

"Why didn't you say?"

"Your phone could have been tapped. I couldn't risk it."

She nodded and leaned in for another kiss. "Oh baby, I missed you so much. I thought I would never see you again." She whispered almost inaudibly, glancing up at him from under her brows, weak with relief, almost crying from excitement.

"Shhhh, don't think about that." He pressed his face into the nape of her neck.

"No, Devlin, I need to." Her throat tightened. "I also need to thank you for everything. For watching out for me, and loving me, and being there for me, every single time –"

"Pamela, hey," He planted a lingering kiss on her lips and drew back then looked deeply into her eyes. "For better or worse, remember? Through thick and thin. I am only sticking to that."

Tears filled her eyes. "How can I thank you enough?"

"By forgiving me for hitting you."

"No babe, forgive me for being hard headed and stubborn. Forgive me for everything. I caused this. I acted foolishly –"

"No, Pamela. You have a good heart. You trust a lot and want the best for everyone."

"No, I'm gullible."

"You're an angel."

She gave a soft laugh. "You are my angel. You found me right on time." She placed her hand beneath her head. "How did you find me by the way?"

"I found your sticky note."

She nodded. "It had been stuck to the fridge and I had put it in my pockets. Before I was tied, I had been," She hesitated a moment then raised wary eyes at Devlin. "Hit."

He swore out loud.

"Thank God for that because if not, I wouldn't have been able to draw blood." She hurriedly said. "I had pretended to be wiping my bleeding mouth, then replace my hand into my pocket to smear the paper. Thank God for that pocket of opportunity I had had to have placed it on you. I had been afraid I wouldn't have had one."