19.

"Nobody moves." Soongho's voice was loud and clear. Everyone stopped immediately as they watched Soongho and Namjoon moving in a circle, their eyes never straying from each other. Their guns laying limply in their hands, having made the decision that they wouldn't be fighting with them.

Soongho had been a tad disappointed when he watched Soomin stepping into this fight because even though everyone saw her as a delicate woman who handled equally delicate flowers, he knew different. She knew her way with guns as she knew her way with her body in a fight. She had been taught well by her father.

"Isn't she sexy, Namjoon-ah?" Soongho asked as he threw his weapons away, one by one, Namjoon mirroring his actions. Everyone watched entranced as the two of the most invincible men known in the underworld preparing for a fight.

"She is." Namjoon agreed, looking at her horrified self out of the corner of his eye. Taehyung stood close to her, ever ready. "Do you know when I first came to know that she is a black belt in karate and knew mixed martial arts?" Soongho spoke without letting the other speak. "We once went on a midnight walk and some idiots started touching her inappropriately. She knocked the living shit out of them, you know." He finished with a fond smile but it soon turned dark. "She could never fight me though. I broke her arm when she first tried punching me. She never fought me again."

Namjoon's hands clenched, his jaw setting hearing his words. He had known, Park must've been brutal with her but hearing the events hurt even more. He would be sure to leave Soongho barely breathing till he was done.

Seeing Namjoon wasn't attacking, Soongho became restless and moved in to land a punch on his jaw. Namjoon dodged it quite easily. The people around watched in fascination, their breaths held as the match finally started.

It was messy to watch as the two men kept on giving each other blows after blow. Sometimes, Soongho doubled over in pain and sometimes Namjoon did. It was a battle of equals. This was not about how strong one was, it was now about who could last longer.

Soongho's fist connecting with Namjoon's ribs for the third time at the same place had the man spitting blood. Soomin's heart seemed to stop for a moment before it started beating faster than it was supposed to. First blood had been drawn a long ago but this was the first time she saw excruciating pain flash over his face. His lung must've been punctured by his broken ribs.

Soongho didn't give a chance for Namjoon to breath through it as he took the man in a choke hold. Soongho's eyes found Soomin's in that instance as he kept a thrashing Namjoon in his hold. There was a challenge in his eyes.

If you want to save your lover, come to me. His eyes seemed to speak.

She didn't have to think. She took a step forward, lifting her hand in air when she sensed Taehyung taking a step forward as well and he stopped. She risked a glance at Namjoon, blood dripping from his mouth and his face extremely red. He shook his head to make her stop. "Don't." He croaked. "Run away." Soongho's hold tightened around his neck. She couldn't see Namjoon suffer anymore.

In a few quick steps she was right infront of him, her face streaked with tears. "Let him go, Soongho." With a victorious smirk, Soongho pushed the struggling man towards two of his own men. She watched the two men holding Namjoon firmly as he tried escaping their hold. One of the man kicked him behind the knee, making him fall down and roar in anger and frustration. The other six men were held in much the same way but they weren't struggling as they knew this was coming.

She turned back to Soongho, a ghost of a smile playing on her lips as she spread her hands outwards. "Do your worst, darling. I won't fight. Just let him go." She felt two pair of arms hold her as the first slap landed on her face. Her head snapped back violently, making everyone flinch in horror but none brave enough to step in while a blood curdling howl of despair, of her lover,  pierced the air.

When she looked back at Soongho, her stomach dropped. He had that crooked smile on which meant only bad.

"Bold of you to assume I'd let him live."

~~~
A/N:

I had such a hard time writing these last few chapters. I was dealing with such a huge block, I couldn't find the right words even when the scenes were so clear in my mind.
UGH! By BTS is what cleared my head. Listen to it if you are like me who keep earpods in their ears while reading books.

Have a good day!!