Ch 21: Who Are You?

3A. Reception Room.

Lin Yie looks at his tea nervously.

"Relax." He hears the mature voice, "There is nothing to be nervous about."

Orchid.

That's her codename, and the first impression she gave him was

That's her codename, and the first impression she gave him was... normal?

Yes, Orchid looks normal to him, not just her looks and body, which already ceased to matter. After all, Lin Yie has seen a lot of not-so-normal people in Rhodes Island. 

For example, the illogical hybrid between a sword saint and a doctor known as Shining, the angry furry with an axe known as Nearl, the talking lizard, and... his good-looking bunny... man?

Compared to them, this woman Orchid looks way more normal. Even the way she is dressed looks different from the others.

She is wearing a white shirt and a black skirt. Her black hat hides most of her face, but the part that shows is really beautiful. Underneath her short hair hides a pair of golden eyes.

(Is she really an operator from Rhodes Island?)

Lin Yie can't help but think.

(Why does she look like an editor of a famous fashion magazine?)

He can't tell her race based on the way she looks. There is no tail, ears or other animalistic features. Maybe they are hidden underneath that hat of hers.

"I am alright." Lin Yie says, "Not that nervous anymore."

Orchid smiles, "If I didn't look into your eyes, I would have believed you."

Lin Yie feels a bit embarrassed. He let out a small chuckle.

"Have some tea." She gestures, "I don't often make tea for others."

"... Thank you." Lin Yie takes the teacup.

(Weird taste...not bad... just odd...)

Orchid continues, "I understand how you feel because I had a similar experience. A year ago, as an Infected, I was sitting where you are right now."

"You are infected?"

Orchid smiles, "Can't you tell? Or perhaps, my disguise is pretty good. As an Infected, I am always troubled by how I should dress. It takes a lot of effort."

Lin Yie nods. He doesn't know what to say. It is best to leave fashion to the ladies. He has no sense of fashion.

"So let's begin." Orchid takes out a folder, "To be honest, this is my first time conducting this type of test."

"... Am I the only one who has come here for an interview recently?"

"No. Why would that be the case?" Orchid shakes her head.