Ch 60: Cargo Transportation (Part 2)

Lin Yie probably won't forget what happens next.

More than ten tempered glass panels shatter at the same time. Thousands of glass shards rain down like snowflakes, reflecting the cold moonlight; and when they hit the floor, it sounds like wind chimes in a storm.

Next, the protagonist comes on stage. She drops down like the intruders from the roof, but she seems to have prepared her entrance far longer than the intruders did with all the flashy lights behind her. When she moves, she does so swiftly like having wings on her back. Lin Yie is not sure he is seeing this accurately, because he sees actual wings and halo on her.

"Heyo." When she lands, she greets everyone with the same energetic voice, "How are you all doing? I am from Penguin Logistics to deliver a package. Is this a good time?"

The intruders look at one another. They are not sure if she is from the Lungmen Guard Department.

Why is she alone? She looks crazy.

Not only the intruders think of her that way, Lin Yie thinks so too. He also thinks she is stupid based on how she is dressed: black and white uniform with a skirt, black stockings, a pair of climbing shoes, and a black bag.

 He also thinks she is stupid based on how she is dressed: black and white uniform with a skirt, black stockings, a pair of climbing shoes, and a black bag

She is good looking though. She gives off the vibe of an energetic, sporty girl. She has short, red hair that covers her eyes slightly. More importantly, she doesn't look like an animal. There are no furry ears, horns, or a tail. She looks just like a pure human. That's why Lin Yie doesn't have faith in her. What can a pure human do in this situation? If she is a Sarkaz, there might be hope, but she is not.

(And what's that halo about? Do you really think you are an angel?)

Lin Yie is not going to rely on her, but her entrance did attract a lot of attention. He plans to take the chance to rescue Nightingale and Ifrit. If he can wake Ifrit up, there might still be a chance. With that in mind, he grips the blade near him. However, that woman suddenly comes to him.

"Hey, boss. I am here for delivery."

Lin Yie can feel the center of attention shifting back to himself.

The intruders are able to react again.

"Kill that man!" Someone shouts, "And take the two brats. L.G.D.'s are almost here. We can use them to negotiate!"

(Shit.)

Lin Yie's face turns pale. He clenches his teeth and squeezes out that last bit of strength to run towards Nightingale and Ifrit, but before he can move, an intruder is already slashing at him. He tries to defend himself.

Suddenly, the intruder's head explodes.

He pauses.

"Did y'all not hear what I said?" The girl says, "That's my boss."

Lin Yie looks at the girl. She is still there, but she is holding a vector with one hand and making a V sign with the other.

"Penguin Logistics's #1 combo!" She smiles brightly, 'The package is here. Please sign! But because we are late, we will give you a 50% off discount."

The intruders look at her and shout.

"Sankta! She's a Sankta!"

The word "Sankta" sounds really familiar to him, but he can't remember anything at the moment.

The girl tears open her bag, and 7 or 8 rifles fly out. However, they don't fall to the ground. They just float in the air around her. Her wings and halo shine brightly, while the rifles are pulled behind her, forming another set of wings. Lin Yie is dumbfounded.

(Is this Arts?) Nonetheless, this is his first time seeing something like this.

The girl shoots a few intruders in the head with the shorter guns before taking out a gun with a longer barrel from the "wings" behind her. Her shots are really accurate. This time, she is shooting at the casters without missing any shots. Soon, the casters are turned into corpses.

"Let's rock!" The girl smiles. She throws away her gun and dodges the attacks. She takes out two assault rifles, but she doesn't fire immediately.

"Let the bullets rain!" And burst fire!

*Ding* *Ding* *Ding* Countless bullet cases are ejected from her guns, and they are raining down, forming a tune that resembles the footsteps of death, as it collects the intruders' souls. Lin Yie is dumbfounded. He recalls what the word "Sankta" means. If Sarkaz is devil...

(Sankta... should correspond to angel.)

The girl committing massacres in front of him is... a fucking angel!?

"Oh Lord!" She laughs, "Please let me save them! And rest assured! I have reserved the best real estates in hell for you all!"

A few minutes later, the scene is quiet again. The girl steps on a corpse, while her halo continues to shine brightly. Lin Yie feels his outlook is shattered once again.