Chapter 7

A few months went by. It was the middle of the summer. Over the past couple of months, Alexandra had been feeling more and more down. She knew it had to do with the fact that everyone in her family had someone, except her. With Edward being with Bella, Alexandra had been feeling kind of depressed lately. She didn't spend a lot of times with her family. It was hard to be around them when she was the only one without a mate. She didn't talk to her family as much anymore. She spent most of her time alone. She was usually in her room, in the library, or on the roof. Whenever Bella was over, she would hang out in the woods. She spent the most time in the woods. She also didn't drink as much blood anymore.

It was the middle of July and a Saturday afternoon. Alexandra was currently sitting on the roof. She was thinking about what it would be like if she had a mate. Downstairs, she could hear everyone talking. Bella was here too. Alexandra went back into the house, through her window. She headed downstairs, where everyone was. "I'm going for a walk in the woods." Alexandra said to them.

"We're all going to the clearing to play baseball." Alice said. "Why don't you go with us."

"I'm good." Alexandra said.

"Come on." Emmett said. "It'll be fun."

"I don't want to go." Alexandra said.

"Please come with us." Esme said.

"Alright, fine." Alexandra said, sighing. She didn't bother changing into her baseball clothes. She followed her family outside and they sped to the clearing. The guys started setting up.

"I will never get used to that." Alexandra heard Bella say. She looked over and saw Bella clinging to Edward's back. Alexandra couldn't help but giggle, seeing Bella look like she was about to get sick. Edward shot her a glare. Alexandra walked over to where the rest of the family was.

After they finished setting up the field, they spilt into two teams. Alexandra just stood next to Esme and Bella and watched. "Lexi, do you want to bat?" Jasper asked.

"No, thank you." Alexandra said.

"Oh come on." Rosalie said. "Have a little fun."

"I said no!" Alexandra said, annoyed. "I didn't want to come here in first place!" She then sped off.

"Alexandra!" Carlisle and Esme called.

Alexandra ignored them and kept going. She headed back towards the house. There was small cottage across the river, so she headed there. That's usually where she went whenever she went into the woods. She sat on a log. It wasn't long before she heard Carlisle and Esme calling her name. She saw them appear.

"Are you ok?" Carlisle asked.

"Yeah." Alexandra said. They joined Alexandra on the log.

"What was that about at the clearing." Esme asked.

"Nothing." Alexandra said. "I'm sorry for running off."

"Are you sure you're ok?" Carlisle asked. "You've been really distant lately."

"I'm fine." Alexandra said. "I just want to be alone."

"Ok." Esme said as she stroked Alexandra's hair. "We just wanted to make sure you were ok."

"We'll give you some space." Carlisle said. Alexandra nodded. They stood up and sped off. Alexandra continued to sit on the log and think.