Chapter 13

Two months went by. Alexandra was in the library, reading. Just then, Carlisle walked into the library. "Hi sweetie." He greeted her.

"Hey Dad." Alexandra said, looking up from her book. "What are you doing?"

"Just finished grading some papers before getting ready to head to work." Carlisle replied. Alexandra nodded.

"Did you want something?" She asked.

"How are you doing?" Carlisle asked as he sat on the couch, next to her.

"I'm doing good." Alexandra answered.

"I just wanted to see how you were doing lately." Carlisle said.

"Oh ok." Alexandra said.

"You seem a lot happier lately." Carlisle said.

"Yeah. I am." Alexandra said.

"Ever since you met Sadie, you've been happier." Carlisle said. "She seems to make you happy."

"Yeah. I guess she does." Alexandra said.

Over the past two months, Alexandra had continued to get closer with Sadie. She had been enjoying talking with her, getting to know her, and hanging out with her. Lately Alexandra had been having a weird feeling whenever she was around Sadie. She didn't really know how to explain it. She's had the feeling since she first saw Sadie on the first day of school. She thought that Sadie could be her mate, but she didn't know for sure and didn't know if Sadie felt the same way. She thought that she should talk to Carlisle. Alice had taken Sadie shopping, so Alexandra could talk to Carlisle without Sadie hearing them.

"Can I talk to you about something?" Alexandra asked.

"Of course, Alexandra." Carlisle said. "You can talk to me about anything." Alexandra was quiet. She wasn't sure how to start. "Is this about Sadie?" Carlisle asked. Alexandra nodded. "What about her?" Carlisle asked.

Alexandra sighed. "I don't know how I feel about her." She said.

"What do you mean?" Carlisle asked.

"Ever since I met Sadie, I've had this weird feeling. Yeah, she does make me really happy. I love talking with her and enjoy her company." Alexandra said. "I've heard you all explain what it's like to find a mate. I think Sadie might be my mate, but I've never experienced what the rest of you guys experience and I don't know whether she is my mate or if she feels the same way. I don't know what to do."

"I think you should talk to her." Carlisle said. "Where's Sadie now?"

"Alice took her shopping." Alexandra replied. "You really think I should talk to her?"

"Yes." Carlisle said. "I don't want to get your hopes because I could wrong, but I've suspected that you and Sadie are mates."

"Did Alice see something about me and Sadie?" Alexandra asked.

"You have to talk Alice about that." Carlisle said. "But again, I could be wrong. This is something that you and Sadie need to talk to each other about and figure out on your own without any of us persuading you." Alexandra nodded.

"Thank you, Dad." Alexandra said, hugging Carlisle.

"You're welcome, sweetheart." Carlisle said as he kissed Alexandra on the forehead. "Well, I'm going to get ready to head to work. You have a good night."

"Bye." Alexandra said.

"You don't have to, but if you want, you can tell me how your conversation with Sadie went." Carlisle said. Alexandra nodded before going back to reading her book.

Not long after Carlisle left for the hospital, Alice and Sadie got back from shopping. Alexandra waited until they had finished putting clothes away before walking out of the library. "Sadie, could I talk to you?" She asked.

"Sure." Sadie said. "Want to go up to the roof?" Alexandra nodded and followed Sadie to her room. Sitting on the roof outside Alexandra's window had become a nightly thing for them. "So, what's up?" Sadie asked, once they were on the roof. Alexandra sighed.

"I like you, Sadie. Like really like you. Actually, I think I might love you." Alexandra said, talking fast. "I think you might be my mate, but I don't know for sure and I don't know how you feel about me."

Sadie cut off Alexandra's rambling by kissing her. Alexandra was surprised, but kissed her back. After a minute, they pulled apart. "I like you too, Alexandra." Sadie said.

"Really?" Alexandra asked.

"I've known that you were my mate the moment I saw you in choir that first day of school." Sadie explained. "I didn't want to say anything because of everything you said you went through and I wasn't sure myself."

Alexandra nodded. "So, we're mates?" She asked.

"I think so." Sadie said. "Do you want to go hunting with me? I know you can't drink animal blood, but."

"I'd love to." Alexandra said. "Let me just get shoes on and I'll be right out." Sadie nodded before jumping of the roof and landing gracefully on the ground. Alexandra climbed into her room, where she saw Alice waiting. "Did you know that me and Sadie were mates?" She asked.

"Mmmhmm." Alice hummed happily.

"How long have you known?" Alexandra asked.

"Since before the first day of school." Alice answered.

"Why didn't you tell me?" Alexandra asked.

"Like Carlisle said, you two had to figure it out on your own without any of us telling you." Alice said. "I'm so happy that you have someone that you love, Alexandra. We all are."

"Thank you, Alice." Alexandra said, hugging her.

"You're welcome." Alice said. "Now, go spend some time with Sadie."

Alexandra quickly put her sneakers on and ran out of the house, joining Sadie. They sped through the forest.