021

! chapter twenty-one !

─── ∙ ~ ✩ ~ ∙ ───

"FOR WEEEKS YOU CARRY around this book," Hermione mused as the four of them made their way to Hogsmaed. One of Haven's hands were placed in her pockets to stop them from freezing, her gloves didn't do very well at their job. The other, however, was being held by Hermione as they walked. Their feet crunched on the snow, leaving their footprints to trial after them. Every so often, a gust of wind and a few snow flurries would appear, and Haven had to adjust the beanie that sat atop her head. "You practically sleep with it," she went on. "And yet you have no desire to find out who he is?"

"I didn't say I wasn't curious, and I don't sleep with it!" Harry protested.

"Do to," Haven accused. "I haven't seen you without that book since the day you got it from Slughorn. I feel like it's replacing me as your twin. I mean, bloody hell, you spend more time with that book than you do with the rest of us."

"Well, they're right," Ron agreed. "I like to have a nice chat before I go to bed. Now all you do is read that bloody book. It's just like being with Hermione."

"Well, Haven and I were curious," Hermione stated, swinging their woven hands back and fourth, making Haven laugh. "So we went to the—"

"—Library," the boys said at the same time, wearing cocky grins. Haven rolled her eyes.

"And?" Harry asked.

"And nothing," Hermione answered.

"We couldn't find anything," Haven continued. "Absolutely no files or any sort of history on the man that goes by The Half-Blood Prince. It's like he never existed. I mean, obviously it's an alias, but it's so strange that there's nothing on him."

"It's so weird seeing you geek-out like Hermione," Ron commented, and it was the other girl's turn to roll her eyes. "Happens every few months, figured it would happen more since you're in Ravenclaw."

"Anyway," Hermione went on. "No references at all."

"There we go," Harry said. "That settles it then."

"Settles what?"

"Filius!" Slughorn's voice called out, preventing her brother from answering. They looked up at the sound. "I was hoping to find you at the Three Broomsticks!"

"No," the shorter man shook his head. "Emergency choir practice, I'm afraid, Horace."

Harry glanced over to Haven. "Anyone fancy a Butterbeer?" They quickly made their way into the bar, and Harry gestured for them to sit at a back table. "No, Ron, sit beside me. Haven, sit next to Hermione."

Sharing confused glances, they did as he said, and all slid into the hard wooden chairs. Haven shrugged off her coat, hanging it off the back of her seat as she shifted to get comfortable.