Chapter 23

A/n: Hello everybody! Today is September 10, 2020. I hope you all are doing well. Hopefully this story will be coming to a conclusion within the next few chapter, and we will begin Fued, Book 2. I'm very excited to finish this; I really love this book. It's definitly my second favorite. My first favorite is Reality, my Kylo Ren x Reader. You should go read it ;). If you like Marvel or Star Wars, be sure to check out my other works. I love you with all my person. Enjoy!

Warnings: Abuse

A disgusting creature that looks like the Demogorgon, but with 4 legs, crawls out of the hole and begins scratching up the viewing glass. Y/n jumps back. 

"Mother of God," a doctor mutters.

Owens backs away. "It's...it's polycarbonate. It can't get through."

The creature throws itself against the window, cracking it. 

"Mother Mary and Joseph," the same doctor yells. 

As the creature keeps throwing itself against the glass, the crack gets larger and larger. Everyone in the room begins backing away. 

"You sure about that glass, Owens?" Y/n asks.

Now, more and more creatures are emerging from the hole.

Hopper slams the alarm down and everyone begins running out of the room as the alarm chimes out throughout the lab. 

Hopper grabs Y/n's hand and runs with her. Owens trails them. A creature slams a guard to the ground.

"Stairs. Stairs," Hopper stutters. The trio fly down the stairwell. Y/n runs towards Will's room, throwing open the door. Will is unconscious in his bed. Joyce clutches a needle and medicine. 

"What the-" She starts, but Hopper grabs her and Will and drags them out of there, frantically looking for an escape route. Soon, they're cornered by the disgusting creatures., and run into an empty room.

\--/

Billy's POV

Billy takes a drag from his cigarette, dabbing cologne on his neck. He had been trying to call Y/n, but she hadn't picked up at all. He felt that something was wrong, so he needed to make sure his doll was safe. 

Of course, he had to look good to see her. 

He hears the door open and Neil and Susan's voice float into his room.

"Billy?" Susan's voice says from outside his door.

"Yeah, I'm a bit busy here, Susan."

"Open the door right now," Neil's voice chimes. 

Billy groans and opens the door. "What's wrong?"

"Why don't you tell us?"

"Because I don't know."

"We can't find Maxine. And her window's open," Susan says meekly. 

"Where is she?" Neil asks accusingly.

"I don't know."

"You don't know?"

"Look, I'm sure she just, I don't know, went to the arcade or something. I'm sure she's fine," Billy says dismissively. 

"You were supposed to watch her," Neil says slowly.

Billy sighs. "I know, Dad. I was. It's just that you guys
were three hours late, and, well, I need to protect my girlfriend." He sighs again. I'm sorry, okay?"

"That's why you've been staring at yourself in the mirror like some faggot instead
of watching your sister?" Neil scoffs. 

"I have been looking after  her all week, Dad. Okay? She wants to run off, then
that's her problem, all right? She's 13 years old. She shouldn't need a full-time babysitter. And she's not my sister!" Billy yells.

Neil grabs him by the collar and slams into the bookshelf. "What did we talk about?" He slaps him hard across the face. "What did we talk about?!" 

"Respect and responsibility," Billy mutters.

"That is right. Now apologize to Susan."

"I'm sorry, Susan."

The red-head speaks up. "It's okay, Neil, really."

He whips around. "No, it's not okay. Nothing about his behavior is okay. But he's gonna make up for it. He's gonna call whatever whore he's seeing tonight and cancel their date. And then he's gonna go find his sister. Like the good, kind, respecting brother that he is. Isn't that right, Billy. Isn't that right?"

Billy's blood boils at Y/n being called a whore, but he knows better than to back talk again. "Yes, sir," he whispers. 

"I'm sorry, I couldn't hear you."

"Yes, sir," he repeats louder. 

"Find Max."

\--/

Back to Y/n's POV

Hopper, Owens, and Bob are in a deep conversation about rebooting the computer system to get out of the fail-safe lock. 

Nobody can speak the computer language needed to crack the code, BASIC, other than Bob. "Okay. I got this. I got this."

"No, Bob," Joyce protests. 

"It's okay!" He smiles at her. "It's going to be okay. Remember, Bob Newby. Superhero."