The Final Battle

Lily glared at the man who was speaking in front of her. She sensed the presence of the two other captives on either side of her, but refused to break eye contact.

"Who are you?" She snarled at the man, ignoring the murmurs of the followers around her.

"I am Klaus Capitano. Leader of the Polysympans. This," he gestured to the woman beside him, "is my wife Setta Capitano. It is an honor to meet you, Savior." He bowed slightly, holding a hand over his chest. She narrowed her eyes.

"What makes you think I'll be your savior?" Lily hissed, her purple eyes flashing furiously. The man smiled in cold amusement. Ignoring her question, he turned to face the crowd.

"Our God has answered our prayers. He has sent us a being from another world, a being who will bless us with the ability to walk between worlds, as she does."

Lily's mind was racing as he talked. She lifted her gaze to search the edges of clearing, searching for signs of her friends. She caught a glimpse of movement in a clump of bushes directly in front of her, and focused on them. Her purple eyes met with a pair of orange ones, so bright they looked like flames in the darkness. She blinked to make sure she wasn't hallucinating, and when she saw that they were still there, she almost sighed in relief. Below her Klaus was still addressing the crowd.

Rena's blazing eyes blinked slowly, and Lily gave the smallest nod in understanding. Then Rena's gaze vanished, and Lily refocused on Klaus.

"Now, it is time to begin the ritual. Everyone please get into position." Klaus and Setta watched, tense with excitement as the crowd spread themselves out.

Lily braced herself for whatever was about to happen, but nothing could prepare her for the sight of Rena, Camilla and River bursting from the trees, hurtling straight toward her. The chaos that ensued seemed to be exactly what they wanted, as River's near glowing blue eyes locked with hers as he ran straight toward her. Just beside him, clearing his path, were Rena and Camilla. They slammed into the cult members, either brave or incredibly stupid, as they dove to intercept them. Camilla slammed the hilt of her sword into the head of one who came too close as Rena threw people into the air with a vortex of fire. River ducked and dove through the crowd, unfaltering in his path to free her. He quickly broke through the shackles with a hard swing of his dagger. She landed neatly on the ground and nodded to him gratefully. He winked at her, before turning toward the other captives.

Lily steeled herself as she jumped into the fray, once again changing into her kimono, pulling her katana out of the air and slicing a group of people who tried to approach her. She looked around, and glimpsed Rena cornering Setta, the woman stumbling away as Rena stalked toward her. and Camilla running after Klaus. A glowing circle appeared in the ground, suddenly throwing up a group of people who were trying to follow Camilla with a gust of air. Lily looked over her shoulder to see the dark skinned young man holding out his arms and gritting his teeth. The young girl also stood next to him and the two seemed to be muttering spells despite River's efforts to get them away from the clearing.

It seemed the captives wanted to fight. She locked eyes with the amber eyed girl and gave her a brisk nod before diving back into the fray. Lily lost sight of everyone as she slashed through the crowd, trying to immobilize everyone without killing them. Rena and Camilla would take care of the leaders. She would make sure the followers were down before they returned.

************************************************

For an older guy, the cult leader was fast.

Or maybe she was just slow, considering her lack of training and food for the past month. But she strained to keep up with him as he ran from the scene. Camilla's fingers clenched into fists. Coward.