Chapter 25

Sophia's POV

Rowan and I are planning on going shopping, but I am a bit annoyed.

I want everyone to know Rowan is mine like everyone knows I am hers, but I can't mark her. Supposedly, only werewolves can mark each other, and I'm not a werewolf.

My possessive side has come out, wanting to claim her as my own, so I do the one thing I can.

I trail my lips down her neck like she did to me last night, and start leaving sloppy kisses just below her jaw. I reach the place where her neck and shoulder meet, and bite my teeth into it softly, sucking on the skin and leaving a red mark. I hear Rowan moan at my actions, and I'm pleased, wanting her to feel as good as she made me feel.

I leave multiple of these bite marks all along her neck. Now people will know she is taken.

We are now brushing our teeth, Rowan staring at her neck with a shocked expression while I innocently continue cleaning my gums.

"You gave me hickeys?" She asks incredulously once we are done, making me confused.

"Hickeys?" I question, not knowing the term.

She points at the bite marks with a smirk. "These are hickeys, and you gave me a lot of them."

"Ohhh... sorry?" I honestly don't know what came over me, I just felt like people needed to know that she is mine as I am hers.

"Well it is only fair. I marked you and you marked me." She smiles at me, her eyes glancing down to the mark she made. "You are really sexy when you are possessive."

"Sexy?"

"Never mind, let's go shopping." She grabs my hand and leads me to the elevator.

"Can I press the button this time?" I ask shyly, wanting to make the button light up like she does.

"Of course, kitten." I reach over to the button she usually presses and lightly press against it, making it light up almost immediately. I smile at Rowan, happy I did it, only to see her already looking at me, an unknown emotion in her eyes. Love?

The elevator rings, letting us know it has arrived. I step on first, Rowan following closely behind.

Everyone greets us as we step off the elevator, happy to see their leaders happy and well again. Rowan informed me that she was a mess while I was napping for a month, and I felt even worse for causing that. I still felt like it was my fault, even if she assured me that it wasn't.

Shaking my thoughts from my mind, I greet the pack members who are around as we make our way to the car.

This will be the first time I've ever been to the mall, so there is a queasy feeling settled in my stomach.

Rowan doesn't let go of my hand the whole time we shop for new clothes. One store catches my eye, and I practically drag her to it. I make her wait outside the store so I can buy her a gift.

It's a jewelry store, and I saw a collection of necklaces with letters on them. Knowing the perfect way to mark Rowan again, I find the necklace with a cursive capital 'S.' It is a beautiful fake silver necklace with jewels embedded in the letter. Knowing I can't buy anything with real silver because it would hurt her, I'm glad this was made with something else.

I discreetly buy it with Rowan's card, happy she showed me how to use it, and have it wrapped as a gift. The nice shop owner puts it in a bag, and I skip back over to Rowan.

"Did you find what you were looking for?" Rowan asks as I grab her hand once more.

"Yes, and I think you are going to love it."