Chapter Forty-Six

Chapter Forty-Six - Forks. Again...

*Genevieve*

After even more months had passed, Theo and I had decided to come back to Forks, both of us missing the family dynamic that Paris lacked. Stopping in Denali for a few weeks and happily catching up with Tanya and all the rest of them.

Arriving back at the house, I smiled as I stepped inside, rushing over to Rose and pulling her into a hug. Theo greeted Emmett happily, before leaving quietly slipping out of the room, leaving to find a dark corner of the house to hide away in, not that there were any for him to hide away in. Esme has made sure of that when she realized just how introverted he really was, not wanting him to hide away for hours in the dark.

Rose quickly sat me down and began to talk about the sudden spikes in deaths and missing people that have been popping up in Seattle, causing everyone in the family to begin to track the patterns, watching with worry as they only continued to grow in number. No one really knows for sure what was causing all of them but we had each had a pretty solid guess that it could be the work of newborns. We all shuddered at the thought, quickly pushing it off the list of potential possibilities, not wanting to imagine it.

"What a time to come back," I say, letting out a sigh as I took the house in. Looking over the newly redecorated living room, new paintings of mine hung up, making me smile, happy that Esme had gotten the packages I had sent. The couch having been replaced with a new more updated model, the TV replaced, along with the addition of even more DVDs, all carefully organized in the tall cabinet.

______________________

I carefully parked my car and looked out at the scene around me, letting out a groan as I leaned forward, hitting my head on the steering wheel.

Why did I agree to this, I think to myself, closing my eyes and sighing before shaking my head and getting out of the car. Looking up at the bland red brick building with disgust, the immediate quieting on the always loud parking lot made me look around. Scoffing as I saw that everyone was looking at me, quickly made my way inside the building and checked in at the main office.

Grabbing my visitor tag and placing it on my jacket, I quickly muttered my thanks to the office staff before leaving and heading down to the art room. My agreement with the art teacher, Mrs. Roberts replaying in my mind. She had called the house, hoping that I would allow her to keep a few of my older paintings to show to future classes as examples, both of us eventually decided that she would pick the ones she liked and leave me the rest to pick up at a later date. Apparently, 'later date' meant today.

______________________

After sitting through a few painstakingly long hours of listening to Mrs. Roberts vent out loud all her problems in her personal life while she continued to go through my paintings, I had left the room with a few of the smaller canvases in hand. I quickly dropped them off at my car before heading back in, wanting to see everyone at lunch.

Quickly scanning the full lunchroom and weaving through the crowds, I disregarded the continuous stares, and not-so-quiet whispers that followed me as I went. I watched with some surprise as Alice and Jasper slid into the seats, between Bella and Edward. Bella's friends openly gawked at how close the two were to them, obviously in awe of the family-shared beauty.

Almost immediately, Alice immediately begins to chat with the table, her eyes practically glowing with excitement. I smirked as I quickly tuned into the conversation that had started up at their table.

"I've never seen your house," Jessica says bluntly, turning her head as she looks at Edward, Jasper, and Alice. Her eyebrows raised as a look of curiosity quickly spread over her face.