24 - #51 Autumns Preliminaries

[3rd Person's Point of view]

** alarm ringing **

You slowly wake up and stretched your arms.

"Oh! Yamaguchi-sama is awake! / Heh I bet she can't catch up." the students murmured; you were still sleepy. You were yawning while pouring water in the pot where the seafoods were.

"The dropout's just working away without any showmanship." you heard a guy mumbled.

"Man, she's so outta place, she gets on my nerves. What a country bumpkin!" another guy said which made you irritated. You threw a fork in front of him.

"What did you say?! I didn't quite hear it are you willing to repeat it?" you yelled which made them sweat dropped.

"God they shouldn't have messed with Yamaguchi-sama's friends."

"It serves them right though."

"They were the guys who annoyed Yamaguchi-sama on first day."

"Tadakoro! Yoshino! Yamaguchi! hang in there!" Aoki and Shoji yelled which made you calm down.

"Yeah!" Yuki answered waving her hand.

"Osu!" you yelled back.

"You can do it!" they yelled again.

You smiled before going back to your work; You saw Megumi butchering the monk fish.

'Heh~ You can do this my cinnamon roll!' you quietly cheered.

--- Time Skip ---

"Time's up!" Urara yelled as the bell rang. "I am your hostess, Kawashima Urara desu! Kyapi!" She said striking a peace pose.

"So uber cute Urara-chan!" her fan club yelled as the girls glared at her.

"There are five judges! Each Judge has 20 points, so each dish will be assessed out of a hundred potential points." she started.

"Only the top four candidates can advance to the main tournament!" she added. "May the first judge please begin?"

Kita then took a bite and, "Mmm, delicious. This dish is based on achari murgh a traditional North Indian curry dish." he said.

"The special chaat masara has a strong acidity-it adds a wonderful fragrance." Ando commented.

"Not to mention, you didn't pick tandoori chicken; you picked chicken tikka."

"They're boneless, so they're easy to eat using a spoon. You've done your research and you've shown due consideration for the diner!"

"Not bad for a Totsuki student." he complimented.

"Thank you." the student said and bowed his head.

"The scores, then if you please." Urara said.

It was obvious that the guy was competing with you. He was smirking while staring at you so you smirked back and pointed the screen in front of him. He turned his gaze to it and stopped. It showed 33.

"What? / Each judge has 20 points and not 10, right? / But they were praising him so much." the students murmured.

"My dish got 33 points?" he asked. "What's going--"

"Who do you think we are?" Kita asked as he glares at the student. "We're facing dishes made by countless professionals every day."

"We may have said you did a good job, but we meant a good job for a student. I'd say you can be proud if you manage to score 50 points." he added.