Hundred Twenty Three

Olivia nods. She was on the phone with her ex-husband. "No, he said Katen came here. Noah was here with him."

"Well, you shouldn't be leaving that boy home alone. A-and why did you let some stranger stay in the house."

Olivia rolls her eyes. "Okay, number one, you left me, I have no choice but to work to provide for the two of us. Number two, he was Benjamin's friend and he was being abused in his home."

"That's not your problem."

"That's not the point, Damien! I'm worried for our son but apparently, he's not on your priority list."

"I never said that."

"Then how about you help instead of making the problem worse".

"What do you want me to do? It's not my fault that Benjamin is a target for bullying. He chose to let himself be seen as gay."

"Fuck you, Damien. I don't want Benjamin seeing you anymore. He's our fucking son, and that's who he is like it or not. It's not his fault, either."

"I'm gonna see my son. Olivia, you and I both know you can't afford to go back to court. I have my rights. I'm just saying there's not much we can do."

Olivia scoffs and looks over to see Benjamin walking down the stairs. "We'll talk later."

Benjamin doesn't say anything, grabbing his textbook off the coffee table.

"Hey, honey. Want some breakfast?"

Benjamin shakes his head. "No, thank you. Noah and I are gonna pick something up on the way to school."

"Okay. Are you okay from last night? Not shaken up or anything?"

"I'm fine. Noah is just pissed. Understandably."

"Yeah. I'm gonna figure out what to do. I might go and have a chat with Katen's father."

Benjamin nods and takes a seat next to his mom. "Who were you on the phone with? A secret boyfriend?"

Olivia laughs and shakes her head. "Your father, actually. I went to him for advice but as always, he wasn't much help."

"Yeah. Dad's emotional IQ isn't very high. Glad I got most of my personality from you."

Olivia smiles. "You did get your father's attitude, though. Whenever you're irritated or annoyed I definitely see it. The only difference is you're not abusive."

Benjamin laughs. "Good to know." He feels his phone vibrate in his back pocket, grabbing it and glancing down at his phone. "Noah is here," He gets up and hugs his mom. "Love you. See you later tonight."

**
Benjamin slips his hand into Noah's as he walked him to class. Benjamin looks up at him and smiles. "You look good today, babe."

"Really? You like these sweatpants, huh?"

"You know what they say about grey sweatpants. I don't know, I like how they make your legs look."

"Well, thank you, but I wouldn't have worn these if I knew you were gonna we're skinny jeans. I look like a bum."

"I'm wearing an oversized hoodie, I'm sure we balance each other out."

"And somehow you manage to look really cute."

Benjamin blushes and smiles. "Whatever. I could wear a trash bag and you'd think it's cute on me."

Katen walks back, bumping Benjamin on the shoulder. Benjamin rolls his eyes as he looks back at Katen who kept walking. "Now he's just being childish."

Noah nods and glances back. "Seriously. I bruised his nose up pretty bad, though."

The couple stops walking as they made it to the classroom. "My mom's going to talk to his dad today so...Maybe things will be settled."

"Yeah, maybe. I'm just so tired of him. He's annoying. Puts on this badass facade but is scared when I come near him."

Benjamin nods and sets his hand flat on Noah's chest. "Okay, well, don't get all worked up. Meet for lunch?"

"Mhm." Noah leans down and kisses Benjamin once. "Love you."

"Love you, too."

**
Olivia sits down at Mr.Vich's table, almost gagging at the smell of the house.

Olivia sets her purse down in her lap as he walks around to sit across from her at the table. "Want a beer?"

"No...Thanks. Listen, Scott, I need to talk about my son and your son."

"Who, Johnathan? Cause I really don't appreciate you letting him fuckin' live with you. Not your place."

"Okay. Maybe I overstepped there. Sorry, but he felt scared and didn't wanna come home. What was I supposed to do? Let him live on the streets?"

Scott rolls his eyes. "Well, what do you need to talk about?"

"I don't appreciate you sending your oldest son to my house to threaten Benjamin. He hasn't done anything, no one single thing to that kid."

"Freedom of speech, no?"

"How about respect? It's uncalled for. I made an exception with you last time cause we made a deal but apparently, you forgot."

Scott leans forward, his eyebrows drawing together now fully irritated. "Meaning what?"

"Meaning the next time any of your sons try and mess with my boy again, I'm going straight to the cops. I'm sure the DEA would love to get involved with the little business you have going, wouldn't they?"

Scott sets his hand down on the table, shaking his head. "I fucking hate you, Evans. Whole family is made of fuckups."

"Do you understand?"

"Yes, I fuckin' do."

**
Benjamin giggles at Noah and grabs his keys. "You're so annoying. Oh my god."

Noah smiles walking behind him, placing his hand on Benjamin's lower back, a habit he picked up.

"I'm just saying. He literally looks like he'd call you and me faggots and then get in his car and blast Nicki Minaj."

Benjamin smiles and unlocks the door, walking in. "You're so stupid." He takes his shoes off and sets his keys down.

Noah closes the door, smiling. "You know you love me."

Benjamin smiles, wrapping his arms around Noah's neck. "Mm. I do."

Noah leans down to kiss him, Benjamin immediately kissing back. He places one hand on Noah's face. Noah's hands slide down, resting on Benjamin's lower back.

"Ahem...Ahem!"

Benjamin pulls away from the kiss and looks over to his mom who was in the kitchen. He blushes and smiles, then notices a man sitting next to her.

"H-hey, mom...Who is this?"

Olivia smiles. "I thought it was time I told you. This is my boyfriend, Zach."

**