Chapter 12

"Do you also remember when me and Y/N came to Cole's house for showing the polaroids you made a lame excuse of your grandpa tripping from stairs and left the house?"Taehyung said darkly.

"Ok guys! You are all being paranoid. Why would I abduct Serena? I don't have anything to do with her!"Jimin defended himself as he leaned on the couch.

"Oh really? Then what about the Polaroid you hid?"asked Jungkook with an angry expression.

"This. Is. A. Misunderstanding. Wait, let me show you." Jimin said and reached for his back pocket. He took out his wallet and showed us a Polaroid picture.

"See, this is a picture of me and my granny when I was young. I miss her everyday that's why I've kept this Polaroid of her and me. On that day, Taehyung when you approached me, I hid it because I didn't want anyone invading my privacy to look at this Polaroid."he paused and scrunched up his nose in annoyance.

"And my grandpa did trip from the stairs that day. That poor old man has to use crutches now while walking."Jimin continued.

Rachael went up to Jimin and pulled him in her embrace. "We're sorry Jimin. We won't ask you that again."confirmed Rachael and threw us an angry look.

I didn't know if I should trust Jimin. Part of me said I should and other part of me said I shouldn't. I was in a big dilemma. It felt like nobody could be trusted in this room.

ϰϰϰϰϰϰLater that dayϰϰϰϰϰϰϰϰϰϰϰ

I was standing with a bunch of crying oldies. My mum dragged me to a funeral of an old lady from our neighbourhood. I didn't even know her.

But being a good human being as I am, I was standing peacefully and staring at the saddened faces of people looking at the poor old lady's corpse.

Turns out that Taehyung's dad also knew this lady and he unfortunately had to come too. We were both standing beside each other stealing glances at one another from time to time.

As the funeral ended a lady in her mid-thirties wearing a black dress with a black overcoat and heels approached the both of us.

"Hi kids! I'm Naomi Grace. I'm new here and I came to this funeral because my land lady told me she was a good friend of her. So, how are you doing?"she said in a voice sweet as honey.

"Oh, hi Ms.Grace. We're both doing great! Welcome to Aeonian. The scenery of this town is to die for!!" I said with a huge smile plastered on my face.

"Oops, sorry! Funeral pun. Too soon. Bye, Ms.Grace." I said with a sudden realisation and walked out not being able to stand in those heels a second longer.

I went home and showered and wore some comfortable clothes. I went to the library near my house after the lady's funeral and the little trip back to my home to relax myself in the comfort of books and enter my own world of imagination.

Row after row of neatly lined up books with their spines facing outward, colour coded with dots, fiction section arranged in alphabetical order, young adults section, children's section with low shelves and floor cushions, comfortable leather arm chairs, tables for quiet study, muffled stillness, librarian at help desk, hushed atmosphere punctured by the occasional child's laugh, coarse cheap carpet on the floor, computers for doing book searches, computers for surfing the web, posters for book club on the wall, wall of magazines, shelves of CD's and movies and washrooms.

This library was like my second home. I've always loved reading books.
The books wait to speak their words, their ink on papery leaves that will always stay even though centuries may pass.

They invite a conversation with the thoughts, one unspoken and kind - for one can always walk away from a book if one chooses, and return when ready. In a way, they are the legacy of their author's thoughts, preserving ideas that would otherwise be as fleeting as the song of a bird.

I grabbed a book from a shelf and sat on the chair.

I didn't even realise that more than 2 hours had passed and it was already dark outside. There was only a girl, looking through different shelves and a boy at the far end of the library sitting comfortably and totally engrossed in the book. I couldn't properly see him as his face was covered with a mask and his hood covered more than his forehead so all I could see were his eyes.

The library was deadly silent and only the faint clicking of keyboard could be heard from the librarian's computer.

I stood from the chair and stretched a bit. I grabbed the book and put it back to its respective shelf because I had finished it as it was rather a small one.

I grabbed my bag and decided to go home now. But the moment I started walking, the lights went off. Typical, I thought.

Must be a kid playing a sick prank, I thought. "Hello?" I raised my voice. No response. Where the hell were the librarian, the girl and the boy? "Hello?" I repeated.

Still no response. The lights came back on but there was no one in the library. I tried my best not to freak out because I was sure that I saw a boy and a girl and the librarian.

There was no way they could've left or else I would've heard the opening and closing of the door. I walked all around the library in search of those three people.

But I found no one. A deep chuckle resonated around me. But there was no one there. I was so scared that I grabbed my phone and decided to text Taehyung because he lived near the library.

Me: Taehyung I'm scared
Taehyung: stop joking
Me: I'm not joking! I came to the Library near my house and there were people just a few minutes ago and now they just disappeared and I heard someone laughing here, even when there is no one present
Taehyung: Istg if you're joking I'll slap your butt
Me: No I'm not! Please help me
Taehyung: ok, hide some where around the shelves and stay put. Don't come out. I'm coming.

My world stopped when I heard that deep, deadly and raspy chuckle again.

†††††††††††††††††††††††††††††††††††††††††††

A/N: sorry for late update
This is my longest chapter
Hdiehwjwj more than 1000 words