Chapter five

Jackson Hart

I couldn't believe my own eyes the first time I saw her. She was breathtaking. Her long brown hair framing her perfect face with the most ocean blue eyes I'd ever seen. She wasn't that tall, so when she bumped into me, it barely made me one inch. I felt it burning inside, she and I were meant to be together. And when we touched, it was indescribable. I saw the look on her face, she had felt the same as me, I was sure about it. 

But of course Leslie pulled me out of that stupid diner, before I could get to talk with her again.

"What the hell are you thinking?!" She shouted at me.

"I don't know what you are talking about" I lied and tried to avoid her. She put a hand on my chest to stop me from going past her.

"I heard you. If you feel a bond to her, you need to let it go right away. You know we can only mate with the wolves from our own pack, and you're not even sure if that girl is even a wolf! Maybe she is a part of Sheila's pack?"

"I doesn't matter anyway. We will only be here for a few weeks until we find the flowers for the rituals and then we will be gone"

"Promise you want try to find her, our pack can't bear to loose another alfa"

"Fine" I turned around and walked towards the forest. Being with my wolf always helped, when I needed to clear my mind. 

I ran through the forest as fast as my legs could carry me, my nostrils filled with the smells from the forest and the joy of being turned for the first time in weeks. I followed a rabbit for fun and ended up at the edge of the ravine. 

I was about to turn around when I smelled something familiar, I looked up and there she was at the edge of the ravine, trying to catch her breath. I acted on pure instinct, I wanted to get over to her. And before I knew it, I had jumped off the edge and into the river. The cold water hit me like a wall. This was it, I had jumped off the edge and dived into madness. Why the hell did I just jump to fall 40 feet??

I made it to the other side of the river and after some time I had also found a way up from the ravine. I followed her scent so far, that I almost couldn't get any closer to her than I already were. She smelled so nice, kinda like home. So when she turned around, I wanted to smell everything. I actually thought she would get scared of me, but she didn't. She just stroked my wet fur, and smiled at me. 

Then I heard Leila calling out for me, and I knew if I didn't go back, she would start looking for me and find me with the girl, that I promised not to see again. I looked at her for a last time and ran back into the forrest. 

I hadn't gone back to see her since that night. It would be wrong. She was not a part of my pack, and I didn't want to start something, that was going to end anyway. I just had to wait until the bond I felt between us slowly faded away. And with the right amount of time it would. We just needed to find those stupid flowers and get the hell out of this town.

Leslie had got the genius idea, that we needed a break from our search and go to the club down town. I didn't feel like going, but I needed to get my mind of things. I missed the rest of the pack, next time I'll bring the rest of my friends.