Chapter 20

After breakfast we head over to the council room where my father and a couple of his men are waiting. I bring Rupert my right hand man and Leo brings Silver, his right hand man.

We sit down and they all start bickering about who had led on the attack.

"This is an act of war, we need to reach out to our true alliances and begin to mobilize." Tom the kings right hand mans voice sounded solid through the bickering animals.

"War? This was an simple rogue attack, no need for unnecessary involvement of other packs." Billy the moose spoke up.

"The prize on Rex head says otherwise Billy," Link rose from his chair to get everyone's attention before continuing. "All the clues point to Micha's pack I say we cut of our alliance with them and strengthen our borders around them."

"Wow, wow, easy Link, sit down please." Ruperts words where calm "it is not yet determined it was an attack from the Woodland pack."

"Of course it is them I was there at the death wake, the wolf wanted a war." Link's knockels knocking on the table.

"Its not the Woodlandpack" Leos words where soft in the crowd but everyone heard it and all eyes were on him. "It was the Red mountan tribe" My eyes looked with my mate his words stating mere facts "Michas a prick but my unckle, Michas father, dosent lift a finger unless my father gives the order."

"But we have no unfinished business with the Red mountain pack" stated Tom

"You have me" Leo twined his hand in mine. "My father gave me a choice, I could go to Black Blood tribe as a spy for him or I could go rogue" My heart beat faster, he went as a spy?

"Your a spy?" I blurted out.

"No I, told my family I would go rogue." He bitt his lip a bit unsure, and I squeezed his hand reassuring him to continue. "But.... somehow I ended up going home with you, Rex"

My father blew out a heavy breath "So when Micha came to visit?" he asked, concern in his eyes.

"He wanted information. I didn't give him anything, he tried again at the death wakening, but I challenged him, in front of everyone, and its all my fault."

"This is not any of your fault, and we are going to figure this out, I need to have a talk with your father Leo."

We were interrupted by a brute knock on the door, led by Brax voice through the door "Urgent letter to the King"

Tom rose to open and Brax handed the envelope to him with a frightened look "It came by the border by a secret soldier." he panted out after his heavy run. Puzzled my father grabbed the envelope.

The secret soldiers were a group of shapeshifters who were neutral to the different packs and only intervened in special causes. They were rarely seen let alone heard from.

My father read quickly through it and went so still in is seat.

The room dead quiet.

After a minute my father finally looked up from the letter.

"The secret soldiers is second guessing the truth of the perfect match and have initiated a trial of death between the Red Mountain tribe and the Black Blood tribe."

It took only seconds before questions from the shifters started filling the room.

"What?"

"Why have they second guessed it?"

"Red Mountain pack had something to do with this I know it."

"Silence" The kings words cut through the murmuring air. He turned towards me "Son, do you know what this means?"