Happily

18th of October 2017

I've been home for four days and I have ignored every single call and text that I have gotten from Harry. I felt extremely childish for giving him the cold shoulder but honestly, I was so overwhelmed with the whole situation that I was extremely unsure of what to do.

"Anna you have to call him back," Lauren, my older and only sister told me for the millionth time as we sat in our small but homely living room.

"Yeah I know but I simply cannot," I said, looking at my plain white Converse which I rarely ever wear anymore.

"Bitch, why not?" my cousin Isaac asked. He had originally came over for tea in the afternoon but we all decided he should stay for dinner and here we are, sitting in my living room whilst my Mum was making us cups of tea in the kitchen.

"I don't know what I want from him," I said, flopping back into the couch, my green gingham dress drowning my body. It was an unusually warm October day, most of it spent outside in the backyard with cups of tea and biscuits in hand.

"It's Harry Styles! He likes you and you like him! Just date the man already," Lauren laughed and Isaac nodded in agreement.

"It really is not that simple," I said. "Change it-" I began, before being cut off by my sister.

"It scares you, we know. I also know what you are about to fire back with babe," Lauren said with a smug smirk on her face.

"What?" I scoffed.

"That you hate the spotlight but news flash Anna, you have been in the spotlight for four years now," Lauren said and I sighed, because it was the exact same thing that Ruby said to me before I practically ran away from Harry, which made me feel like a coward, which I guess I was really.

"That is the same thing Ruby said to me," I laughed and Lauren just gave me a 'duh' look, knowing that she was right.

The conversation drifted away from Harry, to Lauren's new teaching job and Isaac wanting to travel again. Isaac is the kind of guy who will work six months of the year and then travel the rest, never really wanting to be in the same place for a long amount of time.

"I just hate Manchester, ya know?" Isaac laughed.

"No I don't know you idiot," I laughed and suddenly there was a knock at the door.

"I will get it!" my mum called from the kitchen, all of us resuming our conversation while we waited for the person at the door to announce themselves.

"Who is visiting this late at night?" Isaac asked, just as confused as I was, shrugging my shoulders at him as I did not have an answer for him.

"It's probably one of Anna's school friends wanting her to come out for drinks," Lauren added. She did have a point, usually when I was home my friends would come knocking and I would be off within five minutes.

"True, it's probably Christsbel," I laughed. Christabel, or Bel for short, is your typical party animal. Although she is now an accountant, you will always find her at the newest Manchester bar or our local pub. She's always up for a good time and that's what we love about her.

"It's not Christsbel," my mum said softly, appearing in the living room entrance. "Although, sunflower, it is for you," she added, my heart swelling at the nickname my parents gave me when I was younger.