You & I

28th of November 2017

"I'm nervous," I said to James and Ruby as we sat in Ruby's hotel room where the two of them had been doing my hair and make-up for the ARIA Awards tonight. Luckily for me, one of my best friends is a hairdresser and the other one is a make-up artist, so finding someone to get me ready for tonight was incredibly stress-free and easy.

"Don't be, you look beautiful," Ruby said and I smiled at her as I continued to stare at my dress for the evening that was hanging on the door handle of Ruby's wardrobe.

"Thanks to us, might I add," James added with a grin, sitting at the kitchen table with a cuppa in hand, Ruby sitting on the edge of her bed with a make-up brush in hand, just in case I needed any touch-ups before I left, which was supposed to be in ten minutes.

"Alright, I'm going to get dressed," I said as I was sick of staring at my dress, wondering if it was enough for tonight, or even too much, even though I knew it wasn't as Harry had told me the dress code a thousand times.

"Let us know if you need a hand," Ruby said as I took the dress into the bathroom.

"Yep," I called back before closing the door, placing the dress on the rim of the bathtub, taking off my sweats that I had been wearing since this afternoon, my undergarments for tonight already on underneath.

The dress was from an American brand, LoveShackFancy, and I had ordered it the minute that we settled on Harry wearing a metallic purple paisley suit for tonight. The dress, a lilac purple with soft pink roses patterned on it, was full length with short puffy sleeves and a deep v-neckline, my gold necklaces fitting perfectly with the dress.

I carefully pulled on the dress, surprisingly zipping it up with ease, as I took one last look at myself in the bathroom mirror, eternally grateful for James and Ruby for making me look the way I looked for tonight, heading back into the bedroom where Ruby was now having a cup of tea with James at the kitchen table.

"Awe Anna, look at you," James said and I grinned at him, the tussled low ponytail that he had done with my hair tonight going perfectly with my dress.

"Give us a twirl!" Ruby exclaimed and I laughed as I stupidly spun around, the pieces of hair framing my face flying everywhere, which I knew James would fix the minute I stopped moving, which he did, running over to me with a concerned look on his face as he carefully put them back in place.

"Perfect," James said, removing his hands from my hair with a satisfied smile on his face.

"Thank you both so much, I couldn't have done this without you two," I said honestly, sending a smile their way before walking over to the couch where my heels were waiting for me, slipping them on, now sitting on the couch nervously waiting for Harry who was due to be here any second, my fingers tapping on my legs which is a habit I always do when I am nervous about something.

"Anna, relax, you are going to be okay," Ruby said and I sighed as there was a knock on the door and I stood up, knowing exactly who it would be.

"I'll get it!" James exclaimed and I shook my head with a tight smile on my face, picking up all the belongings that I needed for the night from the end of Ruby's bed as I stood there and waited in anticipation for Harry to walk into the room.

"Hey mate, how are ya?" Harry asked as I smoothed my dress out, walking over to where Ruby was sitting in the kitchen to say goodbye to her, giving her a quick hug and saying that I would see her at the airport tomorrow morning before heading to the door where James and Harry were talking.

"Hey! Ready to go?" I asked, a smile forming on my face when I saw how good he looked in the suit. The ARIA's had supplied a makeup artist and hairdresser for him when Harry had mentioned that James and Ruby would be tied up with me all afternoon, which was kind of them.