Falling For You

30th of November 2017

Forever and always.

Forever and always.

"Anna? Anna!" Ruby yelled at me and I snapped out of my trance, a guilty smile forming on my face as she glared at me.

"Sorry, what were you saying?" I asked, feeling bad that I had zoned out but for the last two days, all that was on my mind was the words that Harry had said to me in the back of the car and what he actually meant by them.

I knew we were both a little tipsy on the way to the party after the Aria's, but I was utterly perplexed at what he meant, and still means by them.

"I was saying, that I have a date when we get back to Los Angeles," she said with a grin and I squealed, Harry's words drifting from my mind for the time being as I became excited for my best friend.

"Who? When? Where? How? Oh my god tell me everything," I said dramatically, Ruby nodding as she she moved to sit across from me on her hotel room bed where we had been hanging out for the last two hours, the weather absolutely shit in Melbourne so we had no desire to be outside at the moment.

"Okay so you know my friend Henry Man?" Ruby asked and I nodded, having met him a few times in passing. "Okay well we were texting the other night and just flat out asked me to dinner when I get home! So he said he is going to plan something nice for the fifth of December and he will pick me up and everything."

"Sounds like an absolute gentleman," I said, matching the smile that was on Ruby's face.

"He is, except he won't tell me what to wear or where we are going so I'm flipping out!" Ruby exclaimed and I cackled loudly as I flopped back into the array of soft pillows at the head of her bed. "This isn't funny Anna!"

"No but you saying flipping is," I giggled and Ruby huffed as I slowly regained my breath and calmed down from the laughing fit I was just in. "Okay I'm sorry, I can help you with an outfit you know that."

"Do you think we should go shopping?" Ruby asked and I shook my head.

"One, you have some fantastic clothes that you can wear and two, it's absolutely shitting down outside."

"Yeah true, I just want to look my best," Ruby said.

"You will, you always do," I said honestly, because it's true; Ruby is one of the most beautiful people I know, inside and out.

"Well maybe not right now," she laughed, gesturing to her appearance, both of us looking equally as disheveled as we had pretty much spent the whole day lounging around in bed in our pyjamas that desperately needed a wash, along with our hair and faces.

"I mean, neither of us look good right now let's be real," I laughed in agreement and Ruby nodded, the corners of her soft brown eyes squinting before she shuffled up to sit next to me, both of our bodies surrounded what I imagined to be cloud nine.

"But what about you Anna? Any progress with Harry and telling him that you're in love with him?" she asked and I shook my head before getting into the details of the last couple of days.

"So the other night when we went out after the Sydney show, when he took me home because I was -"

"Fucked out of your mind?" Ruby interjected.