Part 28

Lloyd was standing on a tree house looking at the house where his mate was staying. He can't believe Ben let him stay on a tree house. He's a wolf, an Alpha! not a monkey.  The old man made him believe he will help him convince Sam. He started doubting the man's intention when he lead him on this spot. The look of disbelief was all over his face when he look at Ben. He innocently pointed at the house up on the tree. There was a rope hanging down which makes climbing easy. There was a stair but someone has to put it down, no one was up there so he had no choice but climb up using the rope. Ben told him to give Sam the space she needed but stay not too far so he can still see her. Absence makes the heart grow fonder, he added.  His friends will definitely die laughing when they see him up there. An Alpha up on a tree like he was Tarzan. 

From where he is he can see other houses nearby . Their Alpha  was doing a pretty good job taking care of his pack. He admire the peace and prosperity he saw on this pack. They left the car miles away and enter the pack without the Alpha's permission. He's not taking any chances of letting her run away again. If they made their arrival known, she might hear the news and run away again just like what happen on the Moon Shine Pack.  He and his  men went to  different direction to look for her. Fortunately he found her first and instructed Jake to make their presence known to the Alpha to prevent misunderstanding. His plate  is filled already thanks to his beautiful mate.  

He look behind at the tree house from the small balcony where he was standing. It was big enough for two person. There was a single wood bed. Obviously it doesn't have a bath room.

"Alpha." It was Jake  smiling like he was seeing something entertaining. Both hands on his waist. 

He use the rope to get down and landed gracefully beside him. He put both hands on his back pocket and look at Jake as if nothing hilarious was happening to him. Jake clear his throat to prevent himself from laughing and his face turn red from his effort. 

"Speak."

" I inform  Alpha Hunter of our presence on his territory and the reason why we are here." 

"And what exactly did you told him?"

"I apologize for entering his territory unannounced. I assure him we mean no harm and we are only tracking someone from our pack. He was offering to help but I said everything is running smoothly. He didn't press for details."

Lloyd nodded. He hope this will be the last pack and he will finally go home with her. 

"So, what were you doing up there?"    Jake asked pointing at the tree house.

"Sight seeing."

"I thought you are rehearsing  for an audition  for Tarzan, king of the jungle. "

Lloyd ignore him and walk away to look for a decent place where he can stay. It looks like he needed to stay a few days more. 

*******

Ben was watching on a sport channel on the television but his mind was somewhere else. He offer to help the young man who was after Sam. Conan warn him he was an Alpha, young but strong and hot headed. He was surprised he did calm down when he talk to him. He was thinking to let him stay on the empty room up stair but he suddenly thought of Sam's reaction.  Sam might think to go somewhere else if he let the Alpha stay with them under the same roof. He won't allow that. He had no choice but lead him to a tree house where he usually hang out when he wanted to be alone. Tomorrow he will look for a decent place. Something simple but comfortable enough . Unless he can convince Sam sooner to give him a chance. Staying away from a mate for too long can make a wolf crazy.  It's different from  human but for their kind the pain will be unbearable. He knows it because he is a walking zombie since his mate died and their baby was gone he had no reason to live. He was alive but dead inside. He doesn't understand why the moon goddess kept him alive. He tried so many times to kill himself. He even went to dangerous mission, still he comes back alive.  

Young mates are usually inseparable when they found their mates. For some reason, others are stubborn and adamant  staying away from their mates, just like Sam. They thought they could live a normal life away from their destined other half. Ben sigh and turn off the tv. He won't let Sam live with stupid belief that she's better away from her mate. 

Sam was lying on her stomach on bed, a book on her hands which she found under the table beside the bed,  when Ben knocked on the door. She sat  and close the book when Ben open the door and lean on the frame. 

"I hope I'm not interrupting."

Sam shook her head and gave him a small smile. Ben went inside and sat beside her.

"Sam, i know it's not my place to take your personal life my business, but I was hoping to share something to somehow allow you to gauge the situation you are presently facing. If my daughter was alive you are of the same age. It makes me sad that you're not happy."

Sam was silent looking at his sincere eyes. 

"If I can do anything to bring my mate's life back  I'll do anything.  Sometimes it seems unfair that the moon goddess pair us to someone who has a lot of flaws. But it was our destiny."

Sam thought of Lloyd and his flaws. He was perfect. She never heard him playing with fire with any female, wolf or human. He is strong and smart, fit to be an Alpha. He keep everyone safe and help everyone in need in his pack. He was every girl's dream. And that suddenly made her pissed off, especially Jenny. She doesn't like sharing what's hers no matter how badly others wanted it.

"He slept with another woman. "

" No matter how imperfect we are, mates were chosen to fill every imperfections in our life.  Mates complement each other. Give him a chance. Give yourselves a chance." Added Ben and left her  to ponder what he said. 

************** 

"Still busy and adjusting to the "new normal". Got me mental block but I hope you still like this part. Stay safe.