36

"Are you sure they're behind these doors?"

"Duh we saw them get dragged over here"

Haru raised a brow at Mark but didn't say anything. She scanned the three boys she was with, Mark and Jeno seemed to be doing fine but Jisung was heavily breathing.

"What happened to you?"

"Take out an entire gang on your own I dare you"

"There's three of you...?"

She questioned pointing between the three boys, Yangyang snickered hiding behind Haru peacefully eating his lollipop.

"The time we got here Jisung was already on the last one"

Haru's eyes widened, her mouth agape as she looked at the said boy. He stared at her chuckling as he tapped her cheeks, pushing her gaze away from him.

"Are we going to help those two or are we just standing here?"

"WHOA WHAT THE FU-"

"Language"

Haru glared at Haechan, the latter leaning againts Jeno and Mark as support.

"Am I the only one who didn't notice when he got here?"

"You'll get used to it"

Jisung chuckled, biting his lip as he furrowed his brows in concentration. His fingers flying across his phone as he tapped furiously.

"What are you doing?"

He sighed breaking his gaze away from the screen to look at the girl before returning to whatever he was doing.

"Since Haechan hyung is here that means the bombs are planted, so we need to evacuate the building without making ourselves known..."

"By doing what...?"

Haru asked raising a brow as she looked over the boy's shoulder-her tiptoeing a bit just to see a glimpse.

"If you want to see just fucking tell me"

He grumbled stepping aside a bit to let her see his phone. The map of the building displayed along with several numbers and parts that Haru doesn't understand.

"Here...when I say go, hit this button"

"What does it do?"

"Activate the sprinklers"

Jisung gave her a loopsided grin, passing on his phone to the girl. Haru nodded watching the boys as they pondered over how to open the door.

"Where is Chenle when you need him?"

"Right here~"

Haru jumped in surprise bumping into Jisung who helped her steady herself. The new comer was still wearing his chef's hat, a smile on his face as he held up a frying pan.

"What do you need that for?"

"Hey! You never know when you need to be Rapunzel"

The boy chuckled pushing past them and examining the lock. Haru furrowed her brows seeing the boy take out tools from his pocket.

"What's that for?"

"Picking the lock"

Chenle grinned cautiously stepping away from the door and motioning for Mark to open it.

"Record time~"

He whispered under his breath hiding behind Jisung and Haru, his grip on the pan tightening.

Mark motioned for them to part ways, Jisung pulling Haru and Chenle along with him.

Haru looked at him, her pink tinted cheeks thankfully not noticeable. His touch sent small sparks towards her body-even though all he did was grasp her elbow.

It was gone as soon as it started, instead it was replaced by a hand on her waist-guiding her towards him more.

"Whatever happens stay close to me"

Came his whisper, almost inaudible but loud enough for her to hear. Haru nodded smiling at the boy as he pushed past her and next to Chenle.

I fear I'm falling for a gang member.

I'M ALIVE 🤧