Sparks Fly

28th of December 2017

Having been in Los Angeles for just under a month I should still be used to the ridiculously cold winter days in England, but alas it appeared my body had adjusted the the weather of LA already.

Harry and I were still in Holmes Chapel, as we were heading back to London tomorrow afternoon where Harry was throwing a New Year's Eve party before we headed back to Los Angeles to start tour rehearsals and everything in between.

"Fucking hell it's freezing," I mumbled, the scarf I was wearing covering the bottom half of my face.

"You should be used to this Anna," Harry laughed, our arms linked together as we walked down the main street, Harry pointing out spots that he wanted to take me during the day, our first one being the bakery that he used to work at.

"For some reason my body seems to have adjusted to Los Angeles weather rather nicely," I laughed, the wind particularly harsh today which was not making things any easier.

"Don't worry we are almost at the bakery and then we can stay there for a while," Harry said and I could see the excitement in his eyes to be going back to his old job. "Barbra also does a mean hot chocolate so that should help too."

I smiled, knowing how fond Harry is of the old ladies that work in the bakery, especially Barbara who he would always come and visit when he was back in Holmes Chapel, which isn't very often anymore.

"I can't wait," I said, rubbing my glove clad hands in anticipation of the warm drink that I so desperately needed.

The main street was virtually empty, many people still suffering from a Christmas Day or hangover, or potentially escaping to somewhere warm for the New Year but no matter the person, Harry always seemed to know them and have them a smile or a quick 'hello,' before they shuffled away.

"This is it!" he exclaimed proudly, throwing his arms up to gesture to the sign that read 'Holmes Chapel Bakery,' in a bright red letters against a cool white background.

"Looks very sweet Harry," I said with a laugh, Harry nodding in agreement before he ushered me inside and there was an instant cheer from the ladies who were working over the counter, a beaming smile on Harry's face as they all came out to great one another as I stood by and watched, slightly touched at how beautiful the relationship between Harry and the ladies at his old work.

Old anecdotes and words of love were all exchanged, the smile on Harry's face so bright and wide it was extremely infectious.

"Harry! Introduce us to the girl, you've never bought a girl home before," one of the ladies said, Harry letting out a shy laugh before extending his hand out to mine, which I took and he gently pulled me over to him, all four of the ladies in the bakery admiring Harry with bright eyes to accompany their beautiful souls.

"Everyone, this is my girlfriend Anna," he said gesturing to me as I shot them a smile and gave an enthusiastic wave. "Anna this is Margaret, Barbara, Mia and Evelyn."

"It's a pleasure to meet you all, Harry has told me so much about you," I said wholeheartedly, which was true. Whenever Harry spoke about Holmes Chapel, he always mentioned the ladies at the bakery and how much he misses them, especially Barbara and her hot chocolates.

"It's an honour to have you hear Anna, you must be something special if Harry has bought you home for Christmas," Mia said, adjusting the black framed glasses that were perched upon her nose.