38

"What are you doing out here?" 

I looked back and saw Haze walking in my direction, holding an unfinished bottle of wine. It was already midnight, and I still couldn't sleep, so I took a stroll around the beach. Nakaupo ako sa buhanginan, suot pa 'yong dress ko kanina. 

He took off his coat and placed it on my shoulders before sitting beside me. He pushed back his hair and gave me a playful smile before sipping the wine through the bottle. He looked a little messy. His dress shirt was crumpled a bit, and there were too many buttons opened. I could see his chest. 

"You had a rough night or something?" I raised a brow. 

"Well, it was kind of rough." He looked up, pretending that he was thinking before laughing. 

So... He got his hot guy earlier, huh. I wondered how he did it. I mean, he could get everyone on their knees with just the way he talked. He was too smooth, and he looked really confident in himself. It was just that settling for good wasn't really his thing. 

"Thank you for... trusting me." I gave him a smile. 

"Only my friends and family know I'm bisexual. You should feel honored." He playfully winked and then laughed again. 

"Clyden doesn't?" I asked again. 

"No, he doesn't. But I'm not necessarily hiding it from other people. It's just what it is." He shrugged. "If they asked, I would have answered honestly. I am seen with other men a lot." 

"You're right." I nodded and looked in front again. 

"Why did you ask? Are you jealous of me?" he teased, laughing. "Don't worry. I have a type. I don't like messing with those damn fucking kids." 

"I'm not jealous." I hit him lightly on his arm. 

He laughed and drank from his wine bottle again. We were just silently watching the waves come and go like we were in some movie. I was thinking of the message Clyden sent. I didn't know how to reply to that. I was well aware that I was bound to leave, but it still hurt me to think that he would be left here again. 

"What's your type?" I asked him. I just wanted to distract myself from my own thoughts. 

"In women or in men?" He raised a brow. I shrugged and said both. "Well, it's pretty simple in women. You." 

Napakunot ang noo ko at lumingon sa kanya. Was that a question, or was he really referring to me? His tone did not go up, so it was probably not a question, right? 

"I liked you at first glance." He stared at me back and flashed a sexy smile. "But I don't like getting caught in some love life tragedy. It's a hassle." 

"Did you really like me, or you just wanted a one-night stand?" I raised a brow. Whenever I saw him flirting with other people, they would always end up in bed. That was his definition of 'like.'