Chapter Nine

*Crystal's pov*

After my dream about Cole and my mother I decided to go for a walk in the woods to clear my head. Despite the reservations my mates had, I told them I would be fine and went on my way.

Stefan broke up with Elena because of his soulmark and I was quite surprised to be honest. I think I know who it is though and I can't wait to find out.

I'd been out here for an hour and it was just starting to lightly rain.

A twig snapped behind me and I saw Alaric emerging from the trees.

'What do you want Niklaus?' I asked tiredly.

A look of shock crosses his face at my knowledge of his true identity but I just brush it off with a wave of my hand.

'Niklaus, speak'

'I followed you here and I was going to kidnap you as a bargaining chip.' He confesses and I'm surprised at how honest he's being.

'Well sorry to disappoint but that's not going to happen' I growl lightly.

He narrows his eyes and I see a witch come out behind him, she starts chanting and I feel pressure on my head.

'Please, you have to do better than that' I scoff at them.

I twist my wrist and the witch's neck instantly gets snapped. I then use my elemental magic to create a ball of boiling water and I throw it at Niklaus while I teleport away.

Thank you to Cass for teaching me how to teleport.

Little One, I sense a presence.

Who is it?

I fear that someone may have resurrected your brother.

What?! He died? After all I did to protect him.

Go to the old boarding house. Now!

I teleport away instantly and I see my brothers body lying on the ground.

'Cole!' I scream, all the memories of us together come rushing back.

'No please, I need you alive. I need my little brother' I sob, running over to him.

He's extremely pale and has a very weak pulse when I check.

I grab his hand and I teleport us over to the Boarding house. I scream for my mates and they come rushing down from upstairs with Elena and Bonnie in tow.

'Help him please' I cry.

Jeremy and Enzo slowly lift me away, while Elijah and Damon try to figure what's wrong with my brother.

'Elskan who is this boy?' Elijah asks softly.

I look up at him with tears pouring down my face and say -

'He's my brother'

—————————————————

*Elena's pov*

I watch that stupid Crystal girl sob in my brothers arms and I feel jealously swarm over me at how much attention she's getting.

Suddenly Elijah stands up and I can tell by the serious expression on his face that's its not good news.

Hopefully that bitch will leave.

'He's a vampire elskan.' Elijah gently tells her.

A vampire?

So I can kill him if I say he was going to attack me?

'What? How?!' Little Miss oh I'm so powerful and I steal people's boyfriends sobs.