Chapter 27

(unedited)

Amanda's P.O.V

Have you ever stepped on a Lego, or got shot in the heart. Take that pain and laugh at it. That's nothing compared to what I was feeling at this moment.

I couldn't believe my eyes. No, I refused to accept what I was seeing was reality. My supposed best friend was standing beside the man who has made the past 11 years of my life a living hell. I trusted her. Now, she's dead to me.

"Why?" I chocked out. My heart was clenched. I could barely breath with all of this pain.

Mable didn't answer. She was just looking off into space, but it was different then when she was mind linking with someone. She was just deep in thought, probably blocking out the world.

"Cause she loves me," Ahriman answers for her and put an arm around Mables shoulder. She quickly shoves him away and takes three steps to the side. For the first time since my hatred for her began, Mable looked at me and spoke words of hurt.

"I'm so sorry," she tells me. Whether I believe this or not, I don't know.

As soon as the words came out of her mouth, Ahriman yells at her to "shut up" and slaps her right in the face. After the smack echoes through the forest there's a fierce growl coming from behind me. Conlan and Ray suddenly come out of hiding and Conlan looks pissed.

"Don't touch her!" he yelled. I ran up and gave him a needed hug for the both of us. Just being in contact with him set off something in my mind and I started to sob on his shoulder. His just held and soothed me. I can always count on him to know exactly what to do.

I watch as he inhaled my scent to calm his shaking body filled with rage.

"And pretty boy has arrived?" any calmness that Conlan had gained quickly faded away once Ahriman said these words. I peck his neck lightly and that calms him down a lot. After a few deep breaths, his eyes go from angry to betrayed as he looks at Mable.

"I'm sorry," she repeats herself. It's almost like she's not hearing any things she's saying. She looks so lost in her own thoughts.

Ahriman raises his hand again and Conlan gives a warning growl. My stepfather just laughs at him.

"You think you have power over me? I'm your sisters mate. If you kill me, you kill her as well," this shocked me.

I knew that struck a nerve with Conlan. She may have betrayed us, but Mable is still his family.

"How does it feel to loose someone you love. It sucks, doesn't it? Now you know how I feel. Now you know my pain,"

Mable's P.O.V

Why? Why moon goddess? What have I done to you to make me so unlucky? I thought I was a good kid. Not greedy or anything. Was I? If I was, I I'll change, I promise, but please don't do this to me. Why would the moon goddess stick me with the devil who has destroyed my new or now ex best friend? Why would she be my friend after she found out I'm the man who's single handedly made her life a living hell? One things for sure. Mate bond or not, I will never love this man.

Amanda's P.O.V

"Everyone you loves doesn't love you back. Can't you see that?" No. I won't believe that.

I'm trying to stay strong, but it's hard. With tears streaming down my face, I know that I have to hold on. He's lying. He has to be lying. I pull myself together and decided that I've had enough of this.

"You know what? I don't care what you say. All you ever tell me is lies. Lie after lie. You say It's my fault for everything. You blame me for the littilest of things. Saying 'it's always you're fault'. It's not always my fault. You're the one who beat your own child. You're the one who blamed a 7 year old for killing her mother on her birthday. You're the one who's a sick sadistic creep who doesn't deserve someone as amazing as Mable to be your mate. You're such a d*ck. You hurt people. That's why when you met my mom, you thought you had a chance to be loved. Then when that chance vanished, you blamed the only person besides yourself to blame. But it isn't your fault she died. It isn't mine either. It is however, your fault that a part of my soul died from everything you've caused me in my life. You're a murderer Ahriman. A cold blooded murderer," It felt so good to stand up for myself for once. It was like a weight was lifted off my shoulders. Unfortunatly, my little rant didn't affect Ahriman in the way I had wished.