Chapter 100: Scion of Blood

Zeing glanced at the blood sphere hovering over the arena. "Can't believe that old man passed on the blood rites. Is he so confident in that halben? Or is it..." His gaze returned to a section of the wall perpendicular to the chase occurring several miles away. Zeing's brows furrowed when he noticed where the duo's direction. "Coincidence?" His gaze once again traveled to the sphere, then down to Rider. "This lad has gained the recognition of the two geezers. This should prove interesting."

His mind made up, Zeing no longer tarried. Even though he was intrigued by Syèl's fate, his instincts directed him to award the daeben his attention. His figure seemed to vibrate for a nanosecond then disappeared altogether.

To those beneath Zeing's level, this would have seemed like teleportation, but they would have been dead wrong. Zeing Ashqoj's power laid not in his unfathomable muscle strength, but his achievements in earth magic. He had reached the realm of being one with the planet itself.

What that meant was that within a particular territory, the entire earth and everything within it was under his control. He could merge with and travel instantaneously within the ground to any location he sought.

Within the interrogation room, Zeing's form appeared from within one of the walls. A stone chair protruded from the wall, which he then sat on. A smile played on his face as two figures flashed into the chamber above. Within seconds they would be at the stairs that led down to his location.

"Had enough?" Kashi called as he carefully stepped towards a grimacing Froy

"Had enough?" Kashi called as he carefully stepped towards a grimacing Froy. Whatever increased the priest's speed so much came at a heavy cost.

Froy threw up several mouthfuls of blood as he backed away from the daeben, his pale skin white from excessive blood loss.

Kashi recognized the chamber they entered. It was directly above the torture/interrogation chamber. Was there something here that was worth gambling on?

Kashi could not recall anything like that.

Kashi observed Froy's bloodshot eyes, the raging furrows between his brows, and the way his teeth gnashed hard against each other. Those were not the eyes of a man driven to despair, but one of desperation.

They were eyes of the scorned who had only one card left to play, even though it might very well claim their lives. Those were the eyes of a man who wished to drag the opposition into hell with him.

Kashi let out an involuntary sigh. Suzuki had faced eyes like that on a few occasions, Razznik on numerous occasions, and now it seemed he was to witness the same. Maybe it was their destiny to bring pain to others till they descended to such a state. However, Kashi's eyes shone with a dangerous light as an arrow tore through Froy's calf. Whether or not that was destiny, he would make sure this man fully understood the extremity of his error in touching a member of his guild.

Kashi egged Froy further into desperation with one arrow after the other. Some narrowly missed, others drew a line of blood, and few pierced into Froy's body but somehow missed his vital organs.