Time Skip

2 and a half years had passed.

It was the day of the UA exams, and Hitoshi and Katsuki had already left for it, leaving Izuku home alone. He sighed, eyelids shuttering close as he thought back, where all he wanted was this opportunity he was missing purposefully right now.

But he was correct with his choice: Pro Heroism, with all its laws and clauses, was restricting, causing many actions for rescue and apprehension to be illegal, and limiting the amount of heroism done severely.

But Izuku, Izuku was free. He could hack, he could stalk, he could do whatever he wanted to gain intelligence, and as long as he didn't get caught, he would be fine, and do a better job than many heroes did.

He was aware the law existed for a reason, but some of them were ridiculous.

Considering that Quirks came from natural genetic mutations (at least that was what the public was told, because Izuku called bullshit. The government was obviously hiding many things about the Quirk revolution, else people would at least know who the glowing baby was) it was ridiculous, restricting their usage so severely. It was like people weren't allowed to use one of their arms because it was illegal, or something (which only raised Izuku's suspicions more), illogical.

Though Izuku understood the amount of destruction Quirks could cause, restricting them only brought up criminal activity.

After all, if there was one thing humans wanted, it was freedom.

Izuku knew that feeling all too well.

So, at the end of the day, when both his roommates came back with identical grins, he smiled, then hugged them, offering them his congratulations.

He didn't get jealous, nor sentimental.

There was no need to.

He was doing his job, they would be doing theirs.

He was perfectly fine with that.

{}

Izuku waved the two off, handing their lunches and giving them encouraging parts on their backs.

"Have a good day." he told them, a beam on his face making them squint to see.

"Too bright." muttered Katsuki, making Hitoshi snort in acknowledgement, too sleep deprived for any other reaction.

Izuku inwardly snickered, well aware what effect his bright smile had, having told many times that it was 'like the sun'. Outwardly, though, he just tilted his head to the side like a confused puppy.

"What's too bright, Kacchan?" The two boys groaned, shaking their heads.

"Nothing, 'Zuku." slurred Hitoshi, rubbing his eyes tiredly. "We'll be going now."

Izuku's smile became even brighter, nearly burning the air around it.

"Stay safe!" And with that, they were out, leaving for the subway station near their house.

Izuku's smile immediately dropped, unneeded now that nobody was there to see it, and he turned around, entering his office.

Nobody was allowed in Izuku's office, including Katsuki and Hitoshi. It was where he worked after all.

He took out the file on top of the pile on his desk, and cursed immediately when he skimmed through it.

The League of Villains was a group he was very familiar with.

His father was its creator after all.

His father, Midoriya Hisashi.

Also known as All For One.