seventeen

the familiar chime of the bell above the door rang through the shop and jeno looked up expecting his boyfriend but smiled nonetheless when he saw it was renjun. the shorter boy was staring at the moomin section which made jeno chuckle before he went back to sorting out the money in the cash register.

renjun made his way to the brunette and leaned on the counter, smiling at his friend as he watched him concentrate on what he was doing, his tongue poking out of his mouth slightly. 'you look like a lizard.' renjun giggled and this made jeno snort. he continued to do his task until he finally finished and leaned against the counter, looking at the older fondly.

'so where's jaemin?' renjun rolled his eyes dramatically and stood up straight.

'the idiot got detention, and you know what for?'

'something stupid i'm guessing.'

'for talking about us two so much in class!' renjun let out a deep sigh and jeno laughed, leaning forward over the counter. jeno found it amusing that him and his boyfriend made his feelings towards the blonde so obvious yet he never caught on to any of the hints.

'anyways, i saw you eyeing the moomin plushies. do you want one? it's on me.' jeno hopped on to the counter, sitting on it comfortably. renjun looked at them once again and pouted, shaking his head. 'chenle says i have more moomin plushies than braincells.' 

jeno smiled and ruffled his hair. 'you need to show me your moomin collection one day, i'm intrigued.' renjun eagerly nodded, instantly happy now that the conversation was about moomin, his one love.

well, third love.

'hello lovebirds.' the bell chimed once again and the two looked over at yuta who had now entered. this time he had another smiley boy with him who waved at them politely. 'oh renjun, this is sicheng. the boy i told you about.' renjun recognized the look in yuta's eyes. it was the look jeno and jaemin had in their eyes while looking at each other or at renjun himself. the realization made renjun's eyes widen but he quickly shook it off and smiled at the boys.

'hi, i'm renjun.' sicheng cooed and walked to renjun, pinching his cheeks gently. 'you're so cute! are you and jeno dating?' both renjun and jeno's faces reddened and yuta laughing, walking over and slinging an arm around his boyfriend.

'they're not dating, i told you jeno and jaemin are dating.'

'oh that's right, hehe sorry guys.' sicheng smiled sheepishly.

a/n: italics = chinese

'sadly we're not.' renjun mumbled to himself and sicheng's head snapped towards him.

'you're chinese?' renjun looked at the boy in shock, a deeper blush spreading across his cheeks once he realized the boy understood. renjun simply nodded and sicheng squealed. 'so you like jeno? or jaemin? or both? oh my god, you like both don't you?' renjun stared at the boy with wide eyes, too surprised to say anything. how could he see through him just like that?

yuta seemed to sense this and took sicheng's hand, guiding him to the guest room once he said bye to jeno and renjun. 'i'm on to you!' sicheng yelled to renjun right before yuta closed the door and it was quiet again.

renjun looked away from the chinese boy to see jeno staring at him. 'what was that about?' he raised an eyebrow and renjun looked away.

'oh um, he was surprised that i'm chinese.' jeno squinted his eyes at the shorter, not believing him but he let it slide for now. for the next hour customers came in and out and renjun happily helped jeno in assisting them. it got quieter again after a while and the two boys were now in the break room as yuta took over for them.

'shouldn't jaemin be back by now?' jeno plopped on the couch and took out his phone to check the time. renjun nodded and sat down beside him. they talked for a couple of minutes before sicheng opened the door with a concerned look.

'do you know somebody called chenle? he's looking for you and jeno.' he said, looking at the blonde. renjun looked at jeno who was already looking at him with concern and confusion evident in his eyes. the pair quickly got up, following sicheng through the door.

chenle was standing at the counter, anxiously looking around. once he spotted the two walking towards him he let out a relieved sigh and gestured for them to walk faster. once they had come around the counter chenle grabbed renjun's hand, pulling him out of the shop with an even more confused jeno following after them.

'we need to go to the school now, jaemin's in a fight.'

a/n: kinda want a gf rn

also in this ff the boys look like what they look like in ridin' era so renjun has blonde hair, jaemin has blue and jeno has brown