Hey Chief

Asami had allowed Sukara and Iroh to stay with her overnight. Even though that was the plan originally, with Iroh staying too now they weren't sure where they stood. But, Asami didn't mind the extra guest and told them that they could stay as long as they wanted.

She had decided to take them for a walk around the market place as a way to get out of the house after they had agreed to stay one more day. However, they had insisted that they had to go after that as to not waste any more of Iroh's leave from the United forces.

"Yeah so, I am gonna go now," Bolin told them as they strolled through, "Kuvira caught up with me this morning and explained the plan more. So, I think she's right, Su will come around once she sees the good we're doing."

Sukara nodded, if a little apprehensively, she didn't want to question him about it but it felt a little familiar.

"I was worried about Opal really," he continued, "I didn't want her to hate me because it's a family thing but Kuvira said it'd be okay. I think she's right, it's more than family, it's about helping my people."

"That's great Bolin," Asami smiled, "so you leave tomorrow?"

"Bright and early," he grinned, picking pieces off of the stick of food he had bought. "Mako! Hey!"

The young man had appeared from around the corner in his police uniform. He greeted his brother and then he saw Sukara. Bolin had told him that she was back last night but it had slipped his mind until now.

"You guys need to scram," he said, authoritatively, "the chief's doing a sweep and I don't think she'd--"

"Don't think she'd what, detective?" the stern faced chief of police asked him, causing him to freeze as she came out of nowhere.

"Nothing chief," he said quickly.

But Lin Beifong had already turned to see who he was talking to and had spotted the second Avatar.

"What is she doing here?" she demanded, scowling at Sukara.

"Lin, hey, can I call you Lin?" Sukara smiled, giving her best to charm the chief.

"No."

"Well, chief Beifong," Sukara said, trying to get her tone more serious but it didn't work very well, "I thought, I'd come and check on my friends after they almost died. Is that okay?"

"No, you're under arrest," the chief said simply, wrapping a metal cord around Sukara's wrist.

"For what?" she exclaimed as the group backed off to get out of Lin's way.

"You're coming with me," Lin growled, tugging at the wire to bend it back to her but Sukara grabbed a hold of it and stopped her.

"I'd like to know why," Sukara asked again, firmly standing her ground.

"She has a right to know," Asami piped up, trying to defend her.

"Or have the rules changed?" Sukara said. One eyebrow raised, the smile on her face disappeared as the metal from the cord dug into her wrist as the Chief continued to try and reel her in.

"Alright," Lin said, frowning down at the cord, "how about for attacking Republic City? That criminal enough for you?"

"Yes, it is, but it wasn't me," Sukara told her calmly, "that was Unalaq and he's dead but still, not my crime."

Lin scowled again as she realised that this kid was smarter than she let on, and possibly was a metal bender by the way she was keeping the cord steady.

"Okay, how about lying to an officer?" Lin asked, trying to watch her face to get hints on her next move.

"Lin, I don't think we've ever talked for this long," Sukara shrugged, her focus on the metal cord wavering as Lin let go, "so how could I have possibly lied to you, in the one sentence I've spoken to you before?"

"And Mako?" Lin asked, she still didn't trust her just walking around, "he's an officer."

"Actually I've never lied to Mako, I am a water bender," Sukara told her, letting go of the cord and placing her hand palm up, "if we're doing honesty, while I was with you guys I lied to; Tenzin, Bolin, the kids, Kai a little, and Asami. None of which are officers."

"I'll be watching you," Lin said, removing the cord, "don't think you're off the hook. And for the rest of you-- General Iroh?"

"Chief Beifong," he said formally, giving her a quick salute.

"Is she with you?" she asked, nodding towards Sukara.

"Yes she is."

"Alright, at least I can trust you to watch this one, and you know what she is?" Lin asked, to confirm with him.

"I know who she is, yes," he nodded with an awkward smile.

"And the second Korra gets back, you're gone," Lin ordered, "like you promised."

"We're leaving tomorrow morning," Sukara informed her, "we were never staying."

"Good," Lin said as she went to leave, she gave them a glare and turned to Mako before leaving, "and I'll deal with you later."

"Yes chief."