Chapter Fifty-One

Thor

IT WAS THE PERFECT DAY. Thor had imagined the day in his head for years. The god had never been so sure of something in his life.

Thor stood at nightfall under the light of the moon, resting his arms against the fence separating him from the garden. Nova Lee had a habit of making him wait, but he'd wait forever for her. Finally he saw her tiny figure running toward him. Her hair was down past her chest now, bouncing in curly waves against her shoulder. She had the ends of her dress bunched up in her hands as she ran.

"I'm here! Sorry," she said catching her breath for a moment.

Her freckled cheeks flushed with redness, "Dalla is teaching me about the history of Asgard, and I got caught up with some of the children picking flowers at the fields and I had to help them carry them home to their mothers. I-" She stopped looking at him curiously.

"What? Why are you looking at me like that?"

Thor's smile simply grew wider as he took in every feature of her lovely face. The golden brown in her eyes sparkled, the dimple in her cheek popping out only when excitement was laced in her voice. Thor remembered her beauty to always be earthly, but now it was entirely something else. What he had was something no one else in the galaxy would find.

"Is there something you need to say, or do you plan on staring at me all night?" she said with crossed arms and a frustrated look.

Her sharp tongue always made him smile, "I am at a loss for words over your beauty Nova Lee, you cannot be angry with me for staring."

She raised an eyebrow as she picked the lilacs from the garden, "we have important things to discuss about the kingdom Thor, how about you try admiring my ideas instead?"

Thor stared down amused at her as she picked more flowers weaving them together in her hands. His voice grew more sincere as he spoke, "That is exactly my point my love."

He bowed down gracefully on both knees, finally getting the brunettes attention.

She stared at him wide-eyed like a fawn from his spot on the ground. The flowers immediately fell from her hands.

"What the-"

Thor grabbed both her hands looking up to her with driven intensity.

"Get up before someone sees you, you fool. The King of Asgard can not be bowing down to the foreign girl from earth," she said with worry laced in her brown eyes.

"I am not bowing to a foreigner dear Nova. I'm bowing to my queen."

Her lips fell open softly as she waited for his next move.

"Be my equal Nova Lee. Help me lead the people of Asgard into a better future. Asgard would never see a women so capable, so intelligent, and so kind. I have seen you with the people, you belong here sweet one. And you belong with me. I need your wondrous mind, your gentle heart, and your unmatched beauty beside me everyday. I will bow down to you now and forever. So I ask you to please be my wife."

The god of thunder remained on his knees squeezing the girls hands gently. Her face was pale, her eyes shining with something unknown.

"What about your mother?" She asked quietly, "I can't possibly-"

Thor cut her off again by wrapping his arms around the back of her knees tugging her closer to him, "my mother believes it was your destiny to be on this throne. With me."

The girl's face was uncertain as if battling the thoughts in her mind. Her eyes looked everywhere but his. The god began to worry his proposal was too soon. But he had watched her over the years. Caring for the people, learning of their history, befriending his brother. Thor regretted nothing.

"Look at me," Thor said softly pulling her chin back to meet his eyes. "Do not run from your destiny, you know in your heart this is right."

A gentle smile spread onto her face, "I will not run from you Thor, that is a mistake I will not make again." She ran her fingers through his blonde hair resting them softly on his cheek. His hands clenched the fabric of her gown. The god knew his was vulnerable in the moment. After all he was doing something gods viewed as a sign of weakness. Bowing down to another. Completely and fully surrendering himself to her.

He watched her eyes closely, the same eyes he fell in love with back in New York. She slowly bent down to kiss his bowed head.

"I will be yours," she whispered.

———

thoughts on the proposal??