Chapter 18

Kate's Pov

I headed straight home, I decided to return Jane's gifts back to her. The Audi, the laptop, the phone, I didn't want another reminder of her. I laid in my by bed deep in thought when I got a phone call. It was mom.

Me: Hey Mom.

Mom: Kate, I miss you so much.

Me: I miss you too mom, what's up?

Mom: My motherly instincts told me to call and check up on you, are you okay?

Me: Yeah mom I'm okay.

Mom: When are you coming home? It feels like I haven't seen your face in so long.

Me: You're right, I could use some time away. Can I come tomorrow?

Mom: Why are you asking silly? You wanna come home you come home, even if it's for a few days. I really do miss you so much.

Me. Okay mom, I'll be there tomorrow.

Mom: I'll see you soon, I love you.

Me: I love you too mom.

I then booked my ticket online and went into a deep slumber. I had a weird dream that night, I was getting married to Jane, seemed like a beautiful wedding and she spared no expense. I looked so happy and so did she, all my friends and family were there. I awoke the next morning with that dream still fresh in my mind. Why does my subconscious waver towards Jane when my heart warns me to stay away?  I do my usual daily routine, got my rocket fuel, bitch about the cold water in the shower, Candice wasn't here, she was with Stefan, told her I'd be gone for a few days, it was just Wednesday, I expected to be back by Friday. Monday I start my new job, I was so excited for it. I pack my bags and decided to head out.

I open my apartment door to find Jason standing at it.

"Jason what are you doing here?" I ask.

"I was standing here trying to figure out what to say to you" He says.

"Maybe hi?" I tease.

"Hey Kate, where are you headed?" He asks while pointed at my suitcase.

"To the airport, I'm going home for a few days" I say.

"Taking a taxi?" He asks.

"Yeah" I say.

"No need, I'll take you to the airport" Says Jason as he smiled.

"You don't have to do that Jason" I say.

"I want to, what's with the formalities, you're my friend Kate" He says. I took him up on the offer as he took me to the airport.

"So Jane is your new girlfriend?" He asks.

"Something like that" I smile.

"Friends with benefits then?" He asks.

"Nah, we're nothing" I say as I look out the window. He then stayed silent as he took the hint that I didn't want to talk about it.

"How have you been Jason?" I ask.

"I've been well, I'm seeing this guy.." He says.

"Oh my gosh, that's amazing!" I smile.

"Yeah, he's a really nice boy" Says Jason as he blushed.

"I'm really happy for you" I smile.

He then dropped me off to the airport and I headed straight to the plane, the lady stamped 'FC' on my ticket for some reason. I head in as the lady took my ticket. She then read it and smiled.

"Your ticket has been upgraded to first class" She says as she leads me to the first class area.

"Are you sure because I didn't upgrade" I say confused.

"Well someone upgraded for you" She smiled as I took my seat.

It has to be Jane but how could she possibly know I was leaving the state?

I decided to text her.

Me: First class?

Jane: Didn't know you hate me so much that you're willing to leave the country...

Me: You didn't answer my question...

Jane: Your credit card is linked, I made a joint account and added your credit card to it, it informs me of your purchases..

Me: WHY THE HELL WOULD YOU POSSIBLY DO THAT? Are you also aware that's illegal?

Jane: It's not illegal Kate.

Me: You did it without my permission.. Again must I add...

Jane:  I was just trying to make you happy.. I miss you.

Me: I wish I could say the same Jane...

Jane: When are you coming home?

I decided to not reply as I enjoyed the plane ride to Miami, I was excited to see my mom again, she lived in a little villa by the beach, I always enjoyed going there, it was beautiful and so peaceful.

It took a while but I finally arrived there, I was so tired, it was 8PM in Miami and my mom sent a car for me, I finally arrive as she gave me a big hug.

"It's been so long, I missed you" She says as the squeezes the life out of me.

"I missed you too mom" I said smiling.

"Are you hungry, I just made dinner" She smiles as she leads me to the dinning room where I see Marcus, my stepdad.

"Look how you've grown" Says Marcus.

"It hasn't been that long" I say.

"It was long enough, how was graduation?" He asks.

"It was great, I had a lot of fun" I says as my mom returns with a pot.

"I made your favorite, lasagna" She smiled as I got excited.

"So what's next?" Asks Marcus.

"I'll start a new job on Monday in a publishing company" I say.

"Oh that's great news" Smiles my mom.

My mom then brought out a bottle of champagne.

"Another reason to celebrate, I'm so proud of you honey" She says as a tear falls out her eye.

It was a nice night, spending time with your family, enjoying the simple things in life. I was then tired so I decided to head to bed. I head into my old room where nostalgia kicked in. On the table i notice the first draft of a novel I was writing when I was younger. Lady Gaga posters everywhere. Oh how time has flown since then, it's been about two years since I last came here, I really did miss this place, I lay in my bed as I immediately fall asleep.

My time there was great, Jane texted me throughout my stay so I switched my phone into airplane mode for the remainder of my trip, spending most of my time sitting on the beach, it was a truly peaceful time I had back home. I was able to temporarily forget about Jane hoping she would do the same. Those two days flew by too quickly as it was time to head back to New York.

"Sure you can't stay a little longer honey?" My mom asked.

"As much as I would love to I can't, gotta prepare for Monday" I say as she kissed me goodbye.

It was back to my regular life of overdosing on rocket fuel and showering in that freezing cold water. I was able to temporarily forget about Jane but sadly she wasn't able to forget me...