Chapter 21

I can't sleep

I looked through the album and found many photos of my parents. The tears were thousands and before I could see all of them, I gave up. I turned off all the lights and plug my head-frees in my ears hoping that the music will ease my pain.

The sheets have his smell on them and then, I realize that this night it's not just the memories of my parents, it's Corbyn too. The last two nights he stayed with me and I kind of miss the feeling of protection. The way his arms were wrapped around me tightly and that I could feel his slow breathing.

I shut my lashes and after inhaling deeply, I head downstairs. I pour myself a glass of water and begin to walk to my room when I notice something. Someone.

He's sleeping on the couch and I stop to look at him. His lips are slightly parted and he looks peaceful, not like when he was shouting at me. The thought brings tears to my eyes and I wish things were different.

I wish I didn't like this blonde boy, I wish I never met him but the biggest part of my wishes that he had the same feelings for me as I have for him.

I shake my head and begin walking again. At the top of the stairs, before I can stop myself, I turn around and look at my sleeping angel. As mush pathetic as it may sound, he's my angel because when I needed him,

He saved me...

My whole body hurts and my eyes feel so heavy that I think they'll never open again. I feel a wreck since I didn't get much sleep yesterday.

The school day was boring and thankfully, I didn't see Corbyn anywhere, not that it stopped me from thinking about him. It's like almost each of my thoughts are consumed by him and every time it hurts me to know that he doesn't feel the same way. And never will.

The days were spent silently. I wasn't seeing Corbyn much at school and when I did, I turned around and walked in the opposite direction. In math, our only common class, I was trying to keep my eyes and focus on the board and Mr. Lance even though my mind was on a blonde boy sitting almost next to me in the back. One day I couldn't help it...

I was sad and I promised that only one look wouldn't hurt so, I slowly turned and allowed myself to stare at him for three seconds. I was counting because I knew that if I looked too long, it wouldn't end well.

And here I'm, on the last school-day of the week, trying to lose another exercise from the review test that Mr. Lance gave us to prepare us for the test that is coming up. My eyebrows furrow when something seems wrong. I replay Corbyn's words in my head from when he was helping me in the kitchen.

I think there's a mistake so, I raise my hand. When Mr. Lance sees me, I speak.

"I'm sorry but I think there's a mistak-" I start stating but a voice is heard the same time as mine. It doesn't take me more than a slit of a second to realize that this voice belongs to Corbyn. I immediately turn to him and finally for that feels like ages, our eyes meet.

Clear blue eyes stare at green...

It's like the time stops and we stare at each other. It feels so foreign to see those mesmerizing eyes of his but unfortunately, it doesn't last long.

"You said something..." Mr. Lance brings me back to my reality and we both turn to him at the same time.

"Yes, I think there's-"

"Fucking second li-" we both say again and look at one another.

"Ladies first," Mr. Lance tells looking firstly at Corbyn and give me a sympathetic smile which I return.