32: We've Something

My eyes fell on Derek who was sitting at the table with Carson and his eyes were on me

My eyes fell on Derek who was sitting at the table with Carson and his eyes were on me. Carson was talking to him about something, but he wasn't paying any attention. He was hardly listening to whatever Carson was saying. I was still with Ridge sitting on the Ferris wheel, except now his arm was not around me. We both were sitting apart while holding hands.

"Are you two finally done?" Ridge asks from my side and I break my eye contact with Derek and look at Ridge.

"Done with what, exactly?" I ask.

"Whatever it is you two do when you forget that you've company," Ridge smirks at me.

"Don't you think you're thinking way too much over an eye contact," I say.

"What if I say I wasn't talking about now, What if I was talking about your argument earlier?" Ridge says.

"I was just trying to make him see how pointless his point is," I say, truthfully.

"Oh, I'm not talking about the topic you were discussing, I was talking about your eyes," Ridge says.

"Our eyes? Seriously?" I nudge him with my shoulder.

"It's true. I've seen it at the campfire, at the auction when you two danced and I don't know, at every fucking chance I get," Ridge says, calmly.

"Oh and what do you see?" I ask, playfully.

"It's what I never see when you talk to me," he says looking at the sky.

"Ridge," I say, shocked.

"Like now, your eyes lack love," he says looking into my eyes, smiling.

"How could you say that? You've to know that I love you," I say, truthfully. His words actually hurt me.

"Haven't you learned by now that it is not enough? It is never enough." Ridge says.

"Never say never," I say.

Ridge looks at me weirdly, "That doesn't even make sense," he says.

"I know. I just didn't know what to say," I say.

It's a force of habit. Every time someone says 'Never' my mouth automatically says 'Never say never'. I'm a bot.

"I told you to think about my proposal, Did you?" Ridge suddenly asks. I was taken by surprise by the suddenness of the question and look at Ridge stupidly.

"And I thought you also said 'that it was the only time you were gonna propose'." I remind him.

"I guess I was lying," Ridge smiles, embarrassingly.

"Oh! Good to know that you're still on the table," I say, jokingly.

Ridge sits on his side and turns towards me, "Let's face it, you've always known that I'm on the table, I was never off it. Even if sometimes I behave any different. It means I'm hurt not that I've stopped loving you," Ridge says, seriously this time.