𝐑𝐚𝐩𝐡 𝐱 𝐫𝐞𝐚𝐝𝐞𝐫 (𝐒𝐨𝐧𝐠𝐟𝐢𝐜)

Requested by @ILoveFood749

Title: Give Your Heart a Break

~The day I first met you, you told me you'd never fall in love.
But now that I get you, I know fear is what it really was.
Now here we are, so close yet so far. Haven't I passed the test?~

"True love doesn't exist," Raph told me as he walked away with a glare. I swear sometimes that he hated me. He probably did. But I always told him something back to make him think about why he'd started arguing with me in the first place. So, I did.

"If it doesn't exist, then why are you with Mona?" he stopped with his shell to me and turned his head. He didn't turn it enough to look at me, but I knew he wanted to. To glare or frown I didn't know, but I'd figure it out soon enough. Truth is, I loved him. A lot more than I should. Ever since he'd almost mistaken me for a Kraang when I was walking down an alley with April, we'd been friends. But lately, it's like he'd hated ever meeting me. It started when he met Mona, so I'd though sometimes it was her doing; but every time she came around, she always asked if I wanted to hang out with her and Raph.

He'd always tell her no before I could answer.

~When will you realize, baby, I'm not like the rest.
Don't wanna break your heart, wanna give your heart a break.
I know you're scared it's wrong, like you might make a mistake.~

I sat in front of the t.v. with it shut off, crying into a blanket. As stupid as it sounds, I was crying because of a boy. A certain turtle that was in his room with his girlfriend right this minute. It was quiet for a while, Donnie, Leo, and Mikey having gone out for noodles with April. I dug my face into my legs, which were bent up to my chest, and let out another sob, which was silently muffled by the soft blanket that I had stolen from Mikey's bedroom. Suddenly, there was a shout and then another as Raph's bedroom door opened and Mona stepped out. Since it was dark, I doubt she could see me, so I stayed quiet and hid my mouth under the blanket, squeezing my eyes shut.

"Wait, Mona. No-" I heard from Raph as a hoarse whisper. He sounded hurt, not like mission hurt, but heartbroken hurt. I'd never heard him like that before. So vulnerable.

"Raph, please. All you have to do it say it," I heard Mona say back. Halfway through her sentence, her voice cracked, revealing underlying pain. I briefly wondered what had happened in the tiny room where they'd just been not even a minute before.

"I-I..." Raph tried, he really did. He tried to say whatever it is Mona wanted him to say, but he couldn't. Although he was the meanest, roughest turtle out of him and his brothers, it was hardest for him to lie. So, whatever it was he couldn't say meant a lot to both of them, and it was either going to make or break them right here and right now.

~There's just one life to live and there's no time to wait, to wait.
So let me give your heart a break, give your heart a break.
Let me give your heart a break, your heart a break, oh yeah, yeah.~

"I can't." Raph hung his head with shame as Mona sighed, seemingly expecting the outcome she had already gotten. Moving forward, she quickly grabbed Raph's face to kiss his forehead, squeezing her eyes shut as she did so. Raph did the same, breathing heavily as he faced the floor.

"Goodbye, Raphael," Mona whispered, heartbreak ringing through her sad tone, making even more tears streak down my face with sadness. It honestly felt like I was watching The Notebook, but times seven. I couldn't stop crying. Just as Mona turned to leave, Raph snapped his hand out and grabbed her wrist, yanking her back around and locking his lips with her one more time in a desperate attempt to get her to stay with the warmth that he feared would turn cold without her. As they stood there kissing, I turned my head away and back into the blanket, feeling harsh sobs bubbling up in my throat again. At first, I didn't want them to last, and now, I would do anything for Mona to change her mind and tell Raph she loved him again.