forty-three

☾☾☾

☾☾☾

Chapter forty-three✓

The room was a blinding white that made Olivia's eye's water as soon as she opened them.

"Son of a-"

A splitting headache cut its way into her head as she started to sit up. Her hands braced herself against the cold white tile floor that she had passed out on. As her vision cleared up, Olivia extended her arms out in front of her and felt her hands hit a cool surface. Glass surrounded her on four sides, only visible by the faint distortion of light. Beyond the glass box was a white expansive room that appeared endless.

Panic erupted in her chest. The last thing that she could remember was letting it in. She clenched her jaw and her eyebrows drew together — where was Stiles?

She whipped her head around the small space she was in, looking for any way out. It was impossible. She was being held captive in her own mind, well, she guessed that since the nogitsune had probably taken over her physical form, therefore, banishing her here.

The glass box that held her captive was a small space, but enough to lay down and sit in it while having space around her. She was going to go insane in here all by herself. The lack of colorful surroundings was already hurting her eyes. The scariest thing wasn't the never ending color white, not the fact that she was a hostage in her own mind, but time: who knew how time worked in this place?

The more she paced inside the glass cube, the more she regretted the decision. It wasn't like she had a choice. It was either this or a hole in Stiles's head, and that was worse than whatever this white cube of hell was. She had to find a way to get out and fast before any damage could be done. Her plan was to somehow outsmart the nogitsune from the inside out, but it proved to be a little bit harder than in theory.

It was then when one of the sides of the box lit up. She swiveled around to face that particular side and saw that something was being projected onto the side of the box.

Olivia watched as the picture became more clear and focused, seeing it as if it was in first person. Her eyes scored over the video that was starting, noticing how the scenery looked a lot like her high school. The video was wavering, going in all different direction like it as someone's eyes-

That was when the realization hit her harder than ever.

Olivia was looking out of her own eyes. She was watching what was happening as the nogitsune was in control of her body. And there was nothing she could do to stop it.

Oh, that's fucked.

☾☾☾

While Olivia was imprisoned in her own mind, the nogitsune had taken full control over her body. It was a glorious entrance for the demon. Being faced with such delicious raw emotions fueled it like no other. It was right to have chosen her the moment she crossed the threshold that night, right to have sensed such anguish and anger within one person.