Dark orange nights lit up with those starry blue eyes

"Because when I drag my brother from the edge and deliver him back to you, I want you to remember the things you felt while he was gone." – Damon Salvatore. (AHH MY SEASON THREE BRAIN IS YEARNING FOR A REWATCH-)

The blast was the most exhilarating thing that raven had witnessed in a long time

The blast was the most exhilarating thing that raven had witnessed in a long time. Watching the previously dirt riddled, broken, and ignored bar light up in flames and become the brightest thing In the area for some unknown reason, felt calming.

looking at the deep blue sky in the top while everything else was in the deepest shade of orange, while everything else burned assured her that even destruction at its worst can be beautiful.

"Too bad we didn't get the stake," raven spoke with her head titled upwards and her hands on her knees.

"So, old age does ruin eyesight then?" kai commented as he caught his breath again and stood next to raven, which resulted in her getting out of her trance and secretly daggering herself in her mind at the amount of stupidity she had to go through with every day.

"Speaking from experience I see," Raven replied back as she straightened her posture and looked at kai.

Kai didn't reply, Instead, he turned his head backward and removed something from the pocket of his pants.

The stake. His broken, ash ridden half of the stake. He was careless with it, and raven noticed it. A thought ran through her mind, how just a small splinter from it could very well be the end of kai just because he didn't hold it properly.

"Let me have it," she told him as she wiped some ash off her hand and extended her hand forward, which resulted in Kai raising his eyebrows.

"It's mine. Why?" Kai asked her curiously, not understanding why.

"Just until we get back home, just hand it over Kai," Raven spoke, trying to get him to understand, and then kai shook his head.

"Come on, don't be selfish," she jokingly told him as she stared into his eyes, but it seemed like that line had convinced.

"You take almost everything from me, and I first didn't want that, but I adjusted and now you are the only person I let enter my room. You like drinking my bourbon, you enjoy messing up my journals that I record my awesome and total hotness in, and I'm pretty sure that you've taken all my hoodies. Raven, I'm not selfish with you, and I can't be selfish with you. So stop making me deliver a monologue and take the stake," Kai told her with an understanding gaze, loosening his hold on the stake.

His eyes softly stared deep into Raven's black eyes, trying to convince her but then she burst out laughing, actually happy laughing. He loosened his grip on the stake and tried to not laugh but he couldn't do it.

He gave out a small chuckle, without even understanding why he was, maybe it was because she was laughing and laughs were contagious. She gave a half-smile as she stretched her arm forward, keeping it inches away from the stake.