chapter 1

TW: mentions of sexual assault
———————————————

you were rudely woken up by your alarm clock for the third time at 6:30 am, knowing that if you hit the snooze button one more time you would be late for work. you get out of bed and head straight to the bathroom and look in the mirror to and look at your tired face. after muttering about how bad you look after a 10 hour shift and 4 hours of sleep you brush your teeth and get in the shower.

after your shower you head straight to your room and put on a black bra and panty set. today was a paperwork day so you decided to go with a black pencil skirt and a deep red button up keeping the top two buttons open to show a little cleavage, adding gold accessories and red heels before but putting your gun and holster on your skirt. before leaving your put mascara on and gloss before putting your in a low ponytail before heading out of the door.

the drive to quantico is only 10 minutes so you arrive right on time, you walk in the building heading straight for the elevator hitting floor 6 going straight up to the bau. when you get to the sixth floor you walk through the glass doors, you don't see morgan at his desk so you book it trying to make it to your desk hoping he doesn't see you.

"whoa whoa stop" morgan says in a playful stern voice.

you stop right in your tracks, dropping your shoulders in defeat because you got caught.

"turn around", he says in the same tone a last time.

you turn around looking at him and of course he's smiling his beautiful charming smile, you look at him with a bored expression " yes derek?" you ask him.

"why are you dressed so nice, or should i ask who are you dressed so nice for", he asks in a curious tone.

as soon as your were about to answer emily says "cant she look nice because she wants to".

"yeah" jj says walking up and standing right next to you.

all three of you are looking at a scared looking derek, he raises his hands in defeat "my apologies ladies" he says walking away to his desk starting to walk. you turn to jj and emily and you all start laughing walking to your desks.

when you get to your desk you sit down and across from you, you see a very focused spence doing his paperwork, when you sit down he  looks up and smile "hi y/n" he says "hi spence" you say back before getting to your paperwork.

it's about halfway through the day when you see strauss walk into hotchs office, when you look away you see the rest of the team saw as well.

" oh no" you hear morgan say in a worried tone.

" this is like what, the third time this week" you say looking at the rest of the team

" yeah what could be that important that they have been to each other's offices three times this week" emily asks

"maybe they are sleeping together" morgan says

all of you are looking a morgan like he's crazy and he just stared back at you guys " what it's an assumption" he says

"a stupid one" emily says

"you know hotch could be getting a promotion" spencer says

"true" jj says "but that would just be one office visit" she says look back at hotch's office.

you all keep staring at the office until you hear the door open you all turn your chairs back around getting back to work acting like nothing ever happened.

"y/n, " hotch's says in a stern tone

you let out a quite groan and turn around to look at him "yes sir" you say

"i need you in my office... now" he says before disappearing back in his office
you get up and look at the team who all are looking at you with curious faces, you shrug your shoulders and head to his office knocking on his door and walk in.

"agent y/l/n" strauss says

"ma'am" you say nodding your head

" you may be wondering what i brought you in here and the reason i asked you in here is because in new york six wealthy couples have been brutally murdered in there home, the husbands were shot execution style and the wife's were strangled and there was evidence of sexual assault" hotch says handing you the case file.

it was awful the wives were beaten brutally, they had bruising all over their bodies, and the husband had ligature marks on his wrists and ankles as well as bruises in his knuckles and his and feet.

you look up from the case file and ask " did the unsub make the husband watch his wife get beat and sexually assaulted" hotch nods in response "jesus" you mutter

" so what does this have to do with me" you ask strauss

"you and agent hotchner will be going undercover for the next 5 days, you will be posing as a couple, the simmons, and will be attending two galas while you are on this mission, you will be staying in a penthouse. everything you need is already there including your clothes for the gala. in this file there are wedding bands and an engagement ring." strauss says

you just sit there shocked taking into all of the information that you just got before looking up and hocth who looks unfazed by all of this.

"are there any questions before i leave" strauss asks

you and hotch shake your heads no and with that she walks out of the room leaving you and hotch in silence.

"y/n, i understands that you might find this all weird and uncomfortable but think about it, we are saving so many more people doing this" he says looking at you intently

" i'm fine sir it's just a lot if information to take in" you answer truthfully, you had always found aaron attractive, so it wouldn't be hard trying to do this, you just wondered how if you would end up hurt in the end even tough it was all fake.

"that's a given, some information strauss forgot to give is that we are leaving in the morning, and i was wondering if you would like to stay the night since we will be acting as a couple and sleeping in the same bed" he asks

this isn't the first time you've slept over at his house but it was never like that, you just crashed on the couch after watching jack or when the teams goes out we sometimes crash at his house.

" that's fine i just need to stop by my house to grab some toiletries and clothes for tomorrow if that's ok with you" you say

" it's totally ok with me, i'll pick you up at 7"
he says

"ok see you then" you say getting up and walking towards the door

"oh and y/n please don't tell the rest of the team what we are doing on the mission, id like to keep it between us" he says

" i completely understand sir" you say giving him a small smile before closing his door and getting back to work.

————————————————-
so that's the end of the first chapter i really hope you guys like it, i took some inspiration off of the death of duty by dr.shaunareid , but the story will not be the same as the death of duty it's different i promise but please go read that book if you haven't it's absolutely amazing and the writing is so good! please let me know what you guys thought of this chapter,  thank you for reading!!!
xoxo