57. SHE'S ALIVE

| CHAPTER FIFTY-SEVEN |

SHE'S ALIVE.

REMUS HAD BEEN IN HIS kitchen when he received an owl. Part of him dreaded opening the letter, fearing for the worst, but when he read what Bill had written to him, he almost passed out from pure and utter shock. Dawn Lupin was alive and she was now sleeping in the guest room (Bill and Fleur practically forced for do to so since she looked far too exhausted) at the married couple's secret, beach cottage.

He wasted no time in apparating to the Burrow (since that's where little Hope was). Molly and Arthur instantly spotted the change in his mood (it wasn't hard, the last few months he'd been sulking all day everyday unless he was looking after his daughter, now he had one of the widest grins they had even seen him sporting).

"She's alive," That's all he managed to breath out as he ran upstairs to retrieve his daughter. She knew Dawn would want to see their baby girl, and he also knew that Hope wanted to see her mummy again.

When he rushed back downstairs, Hope tucked away safely in his arms, her overnight bag thrown lazily over his shoulder, he spotted Arthur and Molly standing in the exact spots they were when he ran upstairs. Their mouths hung open, teary eyes opened wide with disbelief.

"S-She's alive?" Molly breathed out, finally looking back over at Remus.

The man nodded and reached into his pocket, he pulled out the letter Bill sent him and handed it over to his mother-in-law. Molly read it out loud as Arthur listened carefully, finally registering what had happened. 

"I need to go see her," Remus told them, impatiently he moved from one foot to the other, "Come visit our cottage. I'm bringing Dawn home."