she wants to cuddle

You could tell something wasn't quite right the moment she walked through the front door.

She closed the door a little harder than usual which made you jump from your spot on the couch. You placed your hand over your fast-beating heart and turned your head to look at her. "You startled me." You chuckled, but you stopped when you saw the look in her eyes.

She looked tired. Her shoulders were slumped and her tired eyes had drooped. You frowned at the sight and put your phone on your lap. "Did you have a long day?"

She nodded.

"Anything I can do to make it better?"

There was a small smile tugging at her lips as soon as those words fell from her lips. "Can we cuddle?"

"Of course we can." You giggled and patted the space beside you. "Just let me finish reading this really quickly, alright? Just a minute."

She didn't like the sound of that though and when she plopped down on the couch beside you her head instantly fell to your shoulder. "Now?"

You chuckled and continued to read the last few sentences in the article on your phone.

"Now?"

When you didn't answer, she sighed and started to push your phone away. She laid her head down on your thigh.

She closed her eyes and basked in the sound of your joyous laugh. She heard your phone lock and then felt you run your fingers through her hair. She wasn't even trying to hide the smile on her face. She was happy, and even though you weren't quite finished reading what you'd been busy with reading prior to her arriving home you couldn't find it in you to complain for even a second.

"You're so cute." You mumbled and leaned down to kiss her cheek and then the tip of her nose. She scrunched it up and you laughed before pressing a couple more soft kisses to the tip of her nose.

"Alright, up you go. I'll give you all the cuddles you want, my love."

She opened her eyes and sat up from your lap. You laid down on the sofa and she laid beside you, but she let her head fall to your chest. You put your arm around her and right there in that moment her mind cleared and her worries faded.

She giggled when your fingers brushed against her side. She tilted her head up to find you already gazing down at her. Your eyes looked as soft as your lips and she couldn't help but push her lips onto yours for a tiny kiss.

"Are you feeling better now?" You asked as you laid your head on hers and felt her fingers intertwine with your own. She seemed much more relaxed now than she did before and that made you so happy.

"Much better. Thank you, Y/N."

"Anytime, my love."