Sozin's Comet: Part 4

Zuko's POV
"Sorry, but you're not going to become Fire Lord today. I am."

My sister laughed mockingly,

"You're hilarious."

Katara stood by my side and glared at Azula,

"And you're going down."

As the sage attempted to place the crown on my sister's head, she held up her hand,

"Wait. You want to be Fire Lord? Fine. Let's settle this, just you and me, brother, the showdown that was always meant to be- Agni Kai."

"You're on."

Katara whispered,

"What are you doing? She's playing you. She knows she can't take us both so she's trying to separate us."

"I know, but I can take her this time."

"But even you admitted to your uncle that you would need help facing Azula."

"There's something off about her, I can't explain it, but she's slipping. And this way, no one else has to get hurt."

I noticed that Y/N wasn't with her, so I supposed she was with the airships.

I hope she's safe, things had become so confusing between us, after she joined team avatar, I didn't spend as much time with her as I used to, I didn't even realise that she was uncomfortable, and I know now that if we make it out of today alive, I'll do better, because I love her more than anything in the world.

Focus.

I turned to my sister as she discarded her cloak and mocked me,

"I'm sorry it has to end this way, brother."

"No, you're not."

And as I said that, a massive wave of blue flames came blasting towards me, and my own orange flames blasted right back at them.

The sky lit up as flames of orange and blue danced together, it would've been a rather beautiful sight if they weren't there for the soul purpose of two siblings trying to destroy one another.

I felt Azula's flames almost lick my skin as the sweat beads trickled down from my forehead. The intensity of our blasts was sending my feet backwards, but I held my attack until she stopped hers.

She turned to see the burning building behind her before advancing on me once again, but I wasn't going to lose, I had too many reasons that I needed to win this fight.

I blocked her again and again, and attacked back until I knocked her down, sending her crashing into the ground.

She stood up panting and glared at me with her eyebrows furrowed.

I yelled to her,

"No lightning today? What's the matter? Afraid I'll redirect it?"

"Oh, I'll show you lightning!"

Y/N's POV
I moved through the waters as fast as I could.

Come on, Y/N, faster.

How stupid is he? What makes him think he can take on Azula?

I should've stayed with him, I should've stayed.

My eyes were stinging from the tears and my heart was pounding.

I regretted everything, I regretted leaving him, I regretted it more than anything in my entire life; and if he died today, I'll have no one to blame but myself.