𝕮𝖍𝖆𝖕𝖙𝖊𝖗 𝕱𝖎𝖋𝖙𝖊𝖊𝖓

✦☾⚕☾✦

✦☾⚕☾✦

━ ⋅𖥔⋅ ━━✶━━ ⋅𖥔⋅ ━

BEFORE GENEVIEVE COULD COMPREHEND IT Spring began approaching Hogwarts. The air started to become a small bit warmer, though it was the highlands of Scotland and in her eyes it was never actually warm. It left her shocked at how fast her first year was passing her by. Luckily she had the four boys to keep her entertained. They had definitely made the year so far rememberable.

They were all currently sat in a detention after failing to get away with a prank. Luckily for them it was McGonagall serving their punishment rather than the caretaker of the school.

Mr Pringle was an old, grumpy, sinister man with a hatred for the children of Hogwarts. Genevieve always wondered how he even got the job. The professors in the school had allowed his punishments to mainly be corporal, reminding Genevieve a lot of her primary school. The five of them had received lashings previously from the man, leaving marks on all their wrists.

Genevieve leaned back in her chair, in the back of the Transfiguration, classroom huffing out a breath of boredom. The five of them had been sitting in silence for what felt like forever. In reality it had only been a few hours but they were still gruelling to the children.

She tapped her fingers on the table, trying to entertain herself as Professor McGonagall stood at the front, her eyes narrowed towards the five Gryffindors over her glasses. Genevieve looked around the room,, looking for something to entertain herself with. She caught eyes with James, who pulled a funny face. She bit her tongue hoping to stop herself from laughing.

McGonagall sighed. "I hope you all know that what you did was extremely reckless and idiotic."

The group of five had decided to annoy the Slytherins that morning with a dung bomb, setting it off in the Great Hall. They would've gotten away with it also if it wasn't for Sirius' loud mouth. The boy had all but screamed how brilliant the prank was right in front of Professor McGonagall, landing them all in an evening detention.

"In our defence..." Sirius started. "It was quite funny." Genevieve snorted to this earning a sharp glare from McGonagall.

"This is no laughing matter, Ms Lowry. Somebody could've been seriously hurt by this stunt." She chastised her.

"Dinnae yer thin' we're blowin' this a lit'le ou' o' proportion?" She inquired curiously, earning herself another glare but a laugh from the boys. "It were only a question." She muttered.

"Come now Minnie..." McGonagall's head whipped to Sirius in that moment, a look of pure thunder at the nickname. "It was only children being children."

"You will address me as Professor McGonagall, Mr Black." She warned him. "As for your punishment..."

"You mean besides sitting hear for hours in silence and making our backsides go numb?" James asked rhertoically, earning himself a glare also.