C h a p t e r 20: The L word

Oliver's POV:
It had been a few days after I had left and I couldn't stop thinking about Alice.
If this was the best option then why did I feel so awful?

" what's making you look so gutted, Bruv." Asked Jasper, my new roommate.

Somehow the place I was staying last summer still had a room available! I mean I didn't have to share with a roommate but having someone new to talk to was refreshing.

"Oh, I know, is about a girl?" He asked.
"What...no," I say quickly.
He rolled his eyes at me, "come on bruv!"
I stayed quite.

"We may be from two different countries but I know 'the look' a guy gives when he's thinking about a girl." He said with a smug smile.

"So who is it?" He keeps on asking.

"Jasper, really it's no one," I say.

"Alright, no need to be a wanker," he says settling down.

...

We can home from the pub and I felt like a mess.
I'm pretty sure that it wasn't just the alcohol.
Jasper had already passed out on the couch and I was finding my way to the lazy boy.

Maybe trying to numb the pain of things with alcohol isn't a good idea.

Just then my phone rang and I picked up without looking at who it was from.

"HELloow," I said sliding my speech.
"Oliver! Is that you? Where are you?" I heard the voice ask.
"wATT?! I AM Ollie?" I continued
"Alright Ollie, where are you? Please tell me." The voice said politely.
"Ooh, Kay! I'm here !" I said back.
"..." there was silence.
"Wait a minute! I told who I am, who is you?" I said drunkenly.
"It's Alice, are you drunk?" She said.
"Mmph, all I get are questions and more questions," I say in a huff.
"I know, but I need to know where you are, so please tell me," she explained.
"NO! FIRST I neeeeedd to tell you how beautiful you are and how much I love you" I let it all out. And everything went quiet on the other side again.
"Yeah. I know what you're thinking but Ollie got really sad, and got scared to tell you because you were going." I say as I started sobbing.
"I promise that I'm not going anywhere, just tell me where you are," she said sternly.
"Okay, I'll tell," I said wiping my tears.

Alice's POV:

He tells me the address and I write it down and then I end the call.
Maya has a gobsmacked look on her face.

"Alice! oh my goodness," she says laughing.

"Maya, be nice," I scold her.

"I mean come on Alice that was really...." I stopped listening, did Oliver really just say that he was in love with me? No, I mean he was drunk, and people say all sorts of things when they're drunk. "... Alice did you hear anything I said!" she said with a contempt look.

"Yes of course, but I should get this address to his parents his family is probably wondering where he is," I say and change the subject.

...

I went to Kingston's house and Mrs. Kingston let me in.

"Alice we've been waiting for you, you said you knew something about Oliver," she said hurriedly.

"Yes, I found out where he is", I said giving her the piece of paper with the address scribbled on it. Mr.Kingston had stepped out into the hallway and came quickly towards us.

"We must get to him at once," he said strongly.

"Yes immediately," she said in approval. They both looked at each other, gave a nod then turned to me.

"Alice, you should join us," Mrs. Kingston said.

"Oh no, I couldn't, I don't think he wants to see me right now," I opposed.

"Nonsense! You'll come with us! We'll get the plane ready and we'll have someone pick you up. So be ready," he said back.

All I could say back was "Yes sir," and I left.

...

Just like he said someone came to pick me up and we drove to the airport.

A flight assistant led me through a secluded part of the building to go to the runway. There was a big private jet. I entered the jet and the Kingstons greeted me.

We flew all the way to London and the stress was building up, did Oliver really mean what he said to me?

When we reached London, the sun had just begun to rise. The Kingstons requested that we get a hotel for the night. Though I agreed to stay at the hotel, I honestly just wanted to see if Oliver was okay.

...

From the type of travel, they choose I should have guessed that they would stay at some fancy hotel too. I pretended to be very tired so that I could be alone.

Once I made sure that they were in their room I snuck out. I felt like a rebellious teen who had snuck out to meet her friends.

I was able to hall a cab and I told them where to go. I had realized how much traveling I had done In only a few hours and how I never wanted to do it again. I almost closed my eyes but the taxi coming to a halt woke me up. "Here, you are," my cab driver said with a heavy cockney accent.

Word count: 900

Hey guys! I'm back and feeling so much better. Don't worry I'll finish this book before I take another break. Thank you for all the love and support you have shown for my book. I hope you guys enjoyed it and sorry for the wait.