4

At 8 sharp you were in the common room, dressed in some comfortable clothes. Draco came in and said

"Princess. Sorry about the kiss earlier. I didn't know what do do and I sort of panicked."

You were quite upset at his apology. You had wished that he'd feel the same towards you as you did him. You gave him a half smile and said

"No worries Draco. Was there something else you needed to ask?"

Draco fidgeted in his spot a little and asked

"So uh- did you um - maybe want to consider attending the Yule Ball with me?"

You started beaming with joy, but before you could answer he added

"Just because everyone will expect us to be together and all that."

Your heart sank. You really thought he may like you, but you remembered that this was all an act.

"Sure. That makes sense."

You wished that he would love you as much as you love him. But he had many girls after him. Why would he pick you.

For  the rest of the week you and Draco hung out together a lot, and you got to see a side of Draco most people didn't. You guys spent many days just laughing and talking together, forgetting that you only had until the night of the Yule ball.

Night of the Yule Ball
You and Pansy were both getting ready. Blaise had asked her shortly after Draco asked you. She was very excited. She was wearing a silver dress that was quite flowy. You were wearing an emerald green long dress that was sleeveless and slightly flowy. You had your hair down and a silver necklace. You both entered the room. Draco just stared at you.
Draco's POV
I was waiting for my princess to come down with Pansy. Soon, I saw her at the bottom of the stairs. I couldn't believe what I was seeing. She looked absolutely beautiful. I couldn't take my eyes off her. She began walking towards me.

"Draco"

"Princess you look-"

He couldn't think of the right words. She just looked too good to even be real.

"You look quite handsome yourself."

You and him both blushed a little before starting to dance.

"You're not too bad at this Malfoy."

"I've had practice"

You and Malfoy continued to dance, but you could tell he was nervous about something. When you both finished dancing you asked him

"What's been on your mind. Seems like it's important"

Draco looked a little upset before replying

"Today is our last day before we break up."

You stepped away from him, remembering that you relationship was only for a week.

"Right. Well I'd best be going now then."

"Y/n wait!"

Everyone watched as you ran off. Pansy shot Blaise an apologetic glance and ran after you. You ran all the way back to your room and locked yourself in.

"Y/n sweetie open up"

You recognized the voice to be Pansy's and you let her in. You were crying uncontrollably and Pansy just sat next to you and tried to comfort you.

"I don't even know why I'm so upset"

You managed to say between sobs.

"Oh honey it's totally normal when you break up with someone."

You then told her everything. How it was all a lie.

"Oh my god that's a big secret. But you know you didn't have to do all that. You could have just told me to stop."

You continued to cry.

"Y/n honey why are you still crying if it was fake."

Pansy already knew the answer, but wanted to hear you say it.

"I love him. And now he's gone. Because he doesn't love me."

You began crying harder into Pansy's chest.

Draco's POV
I danced with Y/n. As we were dancing I remembered that tonight was our last night together. So I told her. I was so upset I wanted to cry. But I didn't. Because I don't think she felt the same. To my surprise she ran away. I tried to call her, but it was too late. I was heartbroken. My princess was gone. Probably forever. Blaise then managed to get everyone to leave us alone, and he took us outside.

"I'm so sorry about you and y/n"

I then told him the whole story, trying to hold back tears. But I'm the end I couldn't. I cried a little. I tried to hide my face from Blaise but he saw.

"Why are you so upset."

"You already know. I love her dammit and now my princess is gone."

I could tell he was visibly shocked, but he didn't say anything and led me back to our common room.

Ooh tea has been spilt! Not a cliffhanger this time, but hopefully you guys enjoyed!