➳ 𝐬𝐢𝐧𝐟𝐮𝐥 𝐥𝐢𝐭𝐭𝐥𝐞 𝐚𝐧𝐠𝐞𝐥

∽𝒟∽

∽𝒟∽

When the door swung open, Jieun's stomach dropped, and she stared blankly at the guy before her. She could see it was dark inside, which could only mean two things; either his family was asleep, or there was no one there. In both cases, they would be alone.

"Come on in," Jungkook stepped aside and swung the door wider.

Her chin rose in response. She took a deep breath, stepping through his house like a mouse entering the lion's den. "Excuse me," she respectfully removed her white ballet flats at the entrance.

Once Jungkook turned on the light switch, she frowned for a brief moment, her vision adjusting at the sudden brightness. When she recovered, her eyes ran around the place, registering every little detail.

Jungkook's living room was a bit smaller than hers but judging by the furniture; the large couch, the big TV screen, it was a nice comfortable house.

There was also a lot — a lot of games on the shelves.

Jungkook stayed silent the whole time to let herself examine the place. She nearly jumped out when she found him staring at her on the doorframe of the kitchen.

"W-where's your brother?"

"He had to stay out. Family thing."

"Ah..." she nodded, pursed her lips, then noticed on the shelf, something that made her smile. She walked closer to the furniture, without going too far as touching the picture frame. "Is that your mom?"

Jungkook smiled a little. "Yes."

"Wow... so beautiful..." Jieun muttered a lot more to herself than to him. "Is she here?"

"No," he said under his breath. "She's not here."

"Oh. Is she working?"

A beat of silence passed thought the room causing Jieun to look up at Jungkook to check if he heard her.

"Do you wanna drink something?" he asked instead.

She paused with a frown, nearly repeating the question, then thought better and nodded her head silently. Maybe he did hear it but was not a topic he wanted to talk about.

"Any preference?"

"No, anything's fine. Just-" she made him stop on his track. "Just not alcoholic, please..."

Jungkook let out a chuckle before entering the kitchen.

He took no longer than a few minutes to come back with a small cup in his hand.

"Jieun," he called, finding funny how she was still standing there in the middle of the living room. "You can sit down."

She glanced over the couch and quietly approached to have a seat. She didn't know why, but for some reason, her heart was beating faster than usual. It was just like the day they were alone in her house.