(Chapter 17) Does It Ever Drive You Crazy

Y/n P.O.V

SNAP!

I hear behind us. We both look around to see an all too familiar Meif'wa hiding behind a camera.

SNAP!

She takes another picture. It's of me and Lucinda both still holding hands, just outside the main door with students walking either side of us. Lucinda to the right and me to the left. We're both looking confused at the camera. My hair is tucked round my right shoulder and rests on my chest so it can barely been seen in the photo. While Lucinda's hair rests on the back ending at the waist. My right ear points upwards while my left is angled sideways. We are both standing fairly close together, Lucinda being slightly taller than me. My tail's behind Lucinda, almost wrapping around her knee. Lucinda's uniform is flawless while mine is fairly scruffy despite all the work I put in this morning. Our fingers are interlocked though the red of my knuckles is clearly visible.

"Awwww Kawaii-Chan thinks Y/n-Senpai and Lucinda-Chan look sooooo cute together" KC says causing us to let go of each other's hands. As soon as we do I immediately feel the cold creep onto my hand. Not that today is very cold, just the absence of Lucinda leaves a lot to be desired.

"KC!" I shout in frustration.

"Kawaii-Chan couldn't help it. Kawaii-Chan's soooo happy Y/n-Senpai and Lucinda-Chan are together" KC gushes.

"KC! I haven't told Lucinda that I told you yet" I whisper shout, but Lucinda clearly hears. I turn my head and look at her with a guilt ridden face. "Sorry"

"Y/n, you have nothing to be sorry for. You're the one who wanted to keep things between us. Behinds it's pretty cute that you couldn't stop yourself from telling someone" Lucinda jokes causing me to get slightly flustered.

"Lucinda!" I say as I clench my fists and drop my ears looking flustered. Lucinda just stands there with her arms crossed and a huge grin on her face. And what do you know.

SNAP!

"Would you stop doing that!" I shout, still flustered.

"Sorry" KC says, guilt ridden.

"Come on. We gotta get to home room" Lucinda says as she walks me inside. I turn my head and give KC an evil glare.

Katelyn P.O.V

"So are you thinking about taking part?" Nicole asks, as we walk down the halls on our way to the lunch hall.

"Urrr definitely. I love musicals and acting. Why wouldn't I. Though I do have to sing in front of an audience" I say slightly scared.

"You'll do great. You're an amazing singer" Nicole reassures.

"If you say so. Though I don't wanna do it alone"

"Don't look at me, I can't sing or act. I'd be terrible"

"Yeah you probably would be" I joke causing Nicole to playfully punch me.

We walk into the lunch hall and see students filtering in. Either queuing up for food or just going straight to a table.

Lucky everyone in the school has accepted that one of the tables belongs to our group and so it's completely empty apart from one familiar Meif'wa huddled over some kind of book.

"Hey Y/n" I say cheerfully. I then wonder if that was the right thing to say. Things might me weird between us.

"Hey Katelyn" Y/n says cheerfully. Guess not then.

"What you doing?" I ask as I sit down next to her and Nicole goes into the lunch queue.

"Nothing" Y/n says as she angles her book away from me.