34

•And still Caden’s POV•

~

“You guys were going to do what?

No one said anything and just kept staring at the ground because we were caught doing something which we should not have been doing, but we still went ahead and chose that road and now we were caught in red headlights and we were all guilty, yet not guilty of what we were about to do.

“Rosa—” Grace tried to become the strong one amongst all three of us and decided to open her mouth, but just a look from her and she quiet down.

Funny how a girl who never got angry could shut someone up with just a look and that too, someone like Grace.

“That’s illegal and wrong at so many levels, you guys know that right?” We nodded our heads and kept staring at the ground.

“You all were literally going to snatch away my right to not live!” Just then, the door of the hospital room flew open and entered Steve, making me clench my fist tightly as he straight up went and hugged Rosaline, no space in between and it was making me feel jealous to the core.

“This is not cool, babe, this is so not cool.” And there he goes with the word babe. Didn’t he know that only couples were allowed to say that word to each other?

“Steve—” She continued in a soft voice, like actually a very soft voice with a small smile, which made my insides churn in pure and utter jealousy and I knew that I had no right to be jealous over her as we were not in a relationship yet and I didn’t think we would ever be after the stunt that I tried to pull, but he cut her off.

How fucking dare he!

Here we all were, standing in a straight line, taking in Rosaline’s wrath while looking down at the ground and what gave him the idea that he could just barge in and start getting mad at her?

“No, Rose, Grace told me everything and I can understand if you didn’t trust me enough to let me know of such a huge thing and I respect your decision,” Wow, way to guilt trip her, “but I thought you would have agreed to get the treatment, atleast after knowing there are so many people out there who wants you to live, me included. I won’t be able to function properly without you by my side, Rose. I need you, your amazing advice, your tease, I need my flirting partner,” My fist twitched at this, “my close friend. I don’t know how I will be able to sail my ship with Christine if you won’t help me and selfish or not, I can’t have you go, Rosie. I will miss you and I will keep on missing you and just the thought of you not staying beside me hurts my heart like crazy. Please, babygirl, please, get the treatment.” He held her hands in his and stared at her eyes and he should not have been the one doing all this, damn it.

“I will even name my daughter after you, if you agree on getting the treatment, Rosie.” She laughed at this, like legit laughed at this.

Was he really her boyfriend? I hope this was not the case because I did not want to red my hands over someone like him.

But did he say something about getting along with Christine, was he talking about a friend then?

“You don’t get it Steve, none of you guys do.” She whispered and a lone tear escaped her eyes which HE, the asshole wiped it.

“Is it— is it because of your parents?” A sad Joshua asked in a broken voice and when she did not give any answer to that, we all knew that her parents were only the reason.

But, what about her parents?

I had never seen them before, did it mean—

“They are gone Rosa and there was nothing that we could do about it, but you are here and we can help you, please let us help you. Let me help you.”

They were dead.

And she wanted to die because she missed them and look what I did? Made her feel so unwelcomed to this world, treated her like shit, told some really bad stuff to her.

Fuck, would she ever forgive me?

“I was rethinking that option, but some people want me to disappear.” She whispered, like she did not want anyone to hear that, but we all did and especially that motherfu—

“Who the actual fuck said that?! I will break his fucking mouth.” Steve said, gritting his teeth.

Not before I break yours.

That someone is the only one who came with the idea of forging signatures and a side note—” Then Grace gave me an evil smile and grinned mischievously before looking back at Rosaline, “he cried for like an hour and a half for you.”

“You bitch!” Way to make me look like a simp.

“You did?” And maybe that was not so much of a simp act because Rosaline had a small smile playing on her lips and if me crying over her makes her smile, then I could do it everyday, fuck what others think.

“I did.” I nodded my head.

“For me?” She asked.

“For you.”

“But you hate me.” She said, her voice breaking at the end and her eyes moistening with unshed tears.

I walked closer towards her bed and glared at Steve before pushing him off the bed, making him glare at me and mutter profanities which made me feel so good on the inside, like that was something I should have done a long time ago and then sat where Steve was previously sitting, besides her and held her hands in mine.

My heartbeats accelerated as her eyes met mine and I was almost lost of words. Electricity shot through my entire body and I never wanted to let her go. Goodness, how could someone look so breathtaking? How could I get so lucky to have found someone like her?

I love you.”

And there, I said it.

She blinked her eyes rapidly, trying to process my words and then looked down at our hands that were intertwined together and then back at me. Few seconds passed, but she still did not say anything making me feel scared on the inside. My heart was thumping loudly against my ribcage and sweat started forming on my forehead.

Was she really in a relationship with Steve?

Why was I even jealous of that stupid head dick!

Maybe because he made her laugh and you didn’t?

Fuck, I was going crazy.

“Sunshine?” I called her and cupped her cheeks with my hands, my eyes moistening because of the fear of rejection, “I never meant a single bad word that I have ever said and trust me when I say that I love you and I have fallen for you, harder than I thought I would and when you rejected me that night and said that you were with Steve, I lost it. I was jealous, okay? Jealous of that fucking idiot who could even make you laugh in this tough situation and then there was me, who has never treated you like anything, but feel unwanted. I felt insecure, fuck I sound like a simp, but I did and I still do feel insecure of everyone who can make you smile. I don’t know how do I make you believe how much I love you, oh god—”

“You don’t have to feel insecure about anything.” She cut my rant off in between and put her hand over mine which was holding her cheek and gave me a breathtaking smile, a smile that could cure anyone, a smile that could make someone’s day, a smile that I could never get tired of looking at.

God, she was beautiful.

“Because you have my heart and they don’t.”

•••••••

Unlike all the other chapters, I am not sure about this one as my relatives were over and I could not get peace whatsoever.

So if you find this chapter a little boring, I can understand.

Peace.

✌🏼