17

"Give it to Luna later. I believe you have more than enough time to get it ready since Luna was out for three months." I ignored the statement he made, he probably just wanted to tease me.

"Straight to the point huh? Well, that's one thing I like about you." He chuckled.

"But shouldn't I punish you for breaking our promise?" He had a menacing smile on his face.

Promise? Ah, right...

Flashback~

"Hmm~ is the kitten trying to escape? Or is the kitten trying to find me?"

"Xander...why are you here?"

"I was just going to pay you a visit but to think I'd find you escaping. I'm surprised your guardian is letting you go."

"My brother's in danger, I must go to ensure his safe return." I sighed.

"If you go there, won't you be in danger as well? I won't allow that." His tone turned serious. "And what if you become a nuisance to your brother, I'm sure he'd do anything to keep you safe."

"I know you're worried about me but I'll blame myself if something were to happen to brother. I'm not as weak as you think." I smiled.

"I'm coming with you-"

"No way. That bar is a place that sells information as long as someone gives the right price, the emperor probably already knows that you're associated with us from last time but he doesn't know what our relationship is.

If brother wants to take the throne at such a young age, I can't have the emperor be too wary of us. He may be a player but he's not stupid. I'm sure that the emperor knows that brother is going to the slave auction today, if you go I'm sure he'll be wary of brother. But I'm different, I seem weak, I'm not a threat."

"...Then promise me, don't hurt yourself."

"I promise. Ah, there's something I need your help with..."

Flashback end~

"Luna admit her decision was too rash but she didn't do anything wrong. But I'm sorry for breaking the promise."

"As long as you prioritize yourself first in the future." He reached out and patted my head.

I can't promise him that. Let's just smile. Ugh, my stomach is throbbing.

"That's enough." Brother glared at Xander, is he jealous? Pfft- "Luna, don't simply let anyone touch you. If they do, just cut off their hands."

...Well, I think it's about time I get used to this. Brother isn't asking what I requested of Xander though...I thought he would've asked.

"Child, you're awake." A woman with long navy blue hair and light purple-hued eyes walked through the door.

"Nyx! Sorry, it must've been hard for you to deal with brother."

"As long as you're awake now, my child." She smiled.

I'm glad everyone's visiting me but I need some rest. I can't say that can I...

Sometime later~

"They're finally gone," Brother said as he lay on the bed. 

Well everyone's busy. Arian had training with Nyx, Xander still has unfinished work and Dominic went training. But I guess I can ask Acacius what he was about to say before Arian cut him off by barging into the room.

"Brother, you were cut off when you tried to say something just now. Can you tell Luna now?"

"...It's nothing." He replied lazily glancing at me.

Tch, you made me even more curious. If you don't plan on saying it, don't mention it.

"Pft-" Did he just laugh? My brother just laughed? 

"I'll tell you, you don't need pout...Today was the day we first met." His gaze softened.

It's been four years since that day, I didn't realize it was so long ago...I still remembered it like yesterday. 

"Don't ever scare me like that again...It was the first time I trembled out of fear." His voice trembled...I didn't think I would scare him to this extent.

"Luna won't so don't cry." I wiped his tears away with my thumb, it was a scary experience for me too...the thought of not seeing brother again made me realize how important he is to me.

"Brother, why doesn't Luna feel hungry?" I asked after he had calmed down, but assuming how I still taste brother's blood in my mouth he was the one who probably fed me.

"I fed you. But you should probably drink tomorrow." 

So he fed me yesterday...I guess that's why the taste is still lingering in my mouth.

The next day~

"Did the maids change the usual blood we have? This one smells weird..." I looked at the glass filled with red liquid in front of me...or is it brother who prepared this?

Well whatever, I gulped down the blood. It tastes weird, is there wine-flavored blood? Eh? My mind feels fuzzy...I feel like I'm heating up.

Acacius's PoV

"Brother! You're back, Luna missed you!" I stumbled a bit at her sudden hug, she's more aggressive today...to think that she couldn't walk properly yesterday.

"Hehehe, brother don't you miss Luna too? Luna missed brother a lot!" She beamed at me...her face is extremely red?

"Why is your face so flushed? Do you have a fever?" I brought our foreheads together to check her temperature. It doesn't seem like it's a fever although the temperature is higher than usual.

"Luna's healthy and fine. Brother doesn't need to worry, hehehehe." 

She's giggling a lot more than usual. This smell...don't tell me, did she drink Nyx's red wine on accident? No way, that wine glass that Nyx used is empty. She's drunk...

"Did you drink from that glass?" I asked as her eyes followed to where I was pointing at.

"Yesh! Luna never knew there was wine flavored blood."

"...let's go to bed."

"But Luna's not tired..." She whined, it's cute but I don't think I can deal with it all night. I carried her to bed despite her trying to escape.

"Does brother not want Luna anymore? Will brother leave Luna if he finds the love of his life?" Her eyes started getting teary as her hug tightened around my neck.

She looks like she's in pain...I've never planned on finding a lover. Even if I did, how can I even pay attention to that 'lover' when I have something so precious beside me...

"That's not it, you need to rest," I said pecking her forehead.

"So brother's worrying about Luna? Yay! Luna's happy. Luna loves brother the most so don't...ever leave Luna alone." 

She fell asleep. I know she's been helping me prepare for the throne but I don't want her to get too stressed from it. She looks so adorable asleep...

"Idiot, next time I'll make sure you won't have any alcohol." 

I guess I should take a bath, I feel dirty from killing the criminals.