Chapter 21

Jane's Pov

I may have overstepped my bounds last night with Jason, Kate probably hates me so much right now.

"Our branch in Miami is significantly crashing so we need to branch even further but we have little ideas in mind. Do you have any ideas Jane?" Says Mr. Ranch.

"Ms. Connor?" Says Dreyer.

Oh right. I completely forgot I was at a business meeting. Oh Kate how easy it is for my mind to run through you, why do you have this effect on me? Why does my mind go astray and onto you.

"Ms. Connor?" Says Dreyer once more.

"Oh right. I apologize, any ideas?" I ask.

"Well we can possibly branch into anything but the final decision is up to you" Says Mr. Ranch.

What else could my company possibly branch into? We have music, law firms, jewellery stores, stylists, so what's next for Connor Enterprises? Maybe open a sex store and sell sex toys? Oh how that would be my fantasy.

"What about a sex store?" I say subconsciously as they all their eyes widen.

"A sex store Ms. Connor?" Asks Dreyer.

"Why not?" I ask.

"Next you'd want to go into the porn industry" Says Dreyer.

"Like I said, why not?" I smirk.

"Get serious Jane, our Miami branch is crashing and we need a fallback so think about it and make a decision. The final word is up to you" Says Mr. Ranch as the meeting concluded.

I decided to text Kate. She returned her iPhone to me and went back to her original phone which was a Nokia.

~Me: Hey. What's up?

I awaited a response but she didn't reply... as expected.

I decided to head out to the one person that may understand. Aunt Martinez. I head to her place as she welcomed me.

"My girl. Have you come to do your hair?" She asks.

"No. We need to talk" I say as she leads me to her office.

"Sure. What's up?" She asks folding her arm.

"What did you say to Kate?" I ask.

"The truth" She says as her eyes start judging me.

"Kate isn't the type of girl that would go around punching people at whim" I say.

"Maybe her mind is just as immature as the rest of them.

"Not likely. I like this one, a lot more than I'd like to admit. There's something about her that frees me and make me feel like a regular human being again" I say.

"Don't tell me your falling in love with her now?" Says aunt Martinez.

"I respect your opinion but I don't need it when it comes to Kate, I can take care of her and she can take care of me" I say.

"Someone like her can never stand on equal terms as you Jane. She's not the one you're looking for" She says.

"How are you so sure?" I ask.

"Call it experience or just plain intuition" She says.

"I can't seem to let go of her" I say.

"If that's the case then she would be here with you" She says in her judgy voice.

"Well this was a waste of my time" I say.

"Did you really come here to hear my opinion or my approval or maybe you just needed someone to tell you what you want to hear" Says aunt Martinez.

"Maybe it's one of those, maybe it's not" I say as I get up.

"Let go of her Jane. There's much more of her where she came from and even better" She says.

"There's only one Kate" I say as I exit her office.

Well this was a complete waste of my time. I then called the next person, one that may at least hear me out and knows about the things most people don't, Dr. Collins.

I made my way to his practice and was greeted by his secretary. She looked so run down now as she smiled, she was a good fuck but not good enough.

"Now what's Jane Connor doing here?" A voice says.

I then turn around to find this guy standing behind me. He was tall, had blue eyes, black hair and wore a black jacket, he screamed "friendly" but seems like he had a hidden agenda.

"Who are you?" I ask.

"Just a fan" He says.

"I see. Well I'm about to see the doctor" I say as I walk away.

"Names Josh, Josh Trainor" He says as I stop.

"Why is that name so familiar" I say to him as I turn around.

"It's on the tip of your tongue Ms. Connor" He says.

"Josh. Stop harassing my clients" Says Dr. Collins as he approached.

"Sorry, I was talking to Ms. Connor here" Says Josh as he smiled.

"I'm sure Ms. Connor has better things to do than to entertain you" Says Dr. Collins as Josh sulked.

"Gosh, you're so mean" He pouted.

"Indeed" both me and Dr. Collins say.

"I was referring to Dr. Collins" Says Josh.

"What are you doing here Jane?" Asked Dr. Collins.

"I need a consult" I say.

"Okay, let's go to my office" Says Dr. Collins as Josh waved me goodbye.

Who the hell is this guy? Josh Trainor, his name is so familiar yet I can't wrap my head around why.

"Kate won't talk to me" I say to him.

"I'm aware, she came by a few days ago" Says Dr. Collins.

"What? Why?" I say.

"Doctor/Patient Confidentiality" Says Dr. Collins.

"Cut the crap, I pay for those exams" I say.

"From what I've seen the contract is null and void so I don't owe you that" Said Dr. Collins.

"I miss her so much" I sigh.

"Then why not tell her that?" Dr. Collins says.

"I do, she just never responds" I say.

"Tell her to her face Jane, let your emotions talk for you, she came in because of that punishment she received, it would seem she has an open wound and I took a look at it" He says.

"That was one of the biggest mistakes of my life" I say gulping.

"Tell her that, you want some advice Jane?" Says Dr. Collins.

"Yes. That would be nice" I say.

"Then ask" He says.

"But I just did" I say confused.

"You demand things with Kate but you've never asked have you? invite her to dinner, say please and be casual, all you have to do is ask Jane, demands won't work against Kate, even I could tell that" Says Dr. Collins.

"All I have to do is ask? It's that simple?" I say.

"All you have to do is ask" Says Dr. Collins as he smiles.

"Thank you Dr. Collins" I smile as he show me out.

All I have to do is ask eh? It's worth a shot. I've never met someone like you Kate, you don't fear me or put me on a pedestal, you treat me like an ordinary human being, they see me as Jane Connor but you see me as Jane. I still haven't figured out my feelings towards you but it keeps growing everyday, will it grow into something beautiful or will grey skies cloud a beautiful day? Maybe soon I'll find my answer?

You're changing me Kate but the question is... do I need to be changed?