Chapter Thirteen - It's a lifestyle

"Guess they really were too late."

Cameron hissed, kicking out at Ashley, only to have her step back out the way.

"Temper, temper. You were never like this when we worked at the café." Her lips turned up into a mocking smirk as her eyes glinted with malice.

Cameron huffed, the hands restraining her pulling her arms back at an awkward angle. She wiggled, only to receive the hands tightening their grip on her already burnt and bruises appendages.  

"I was never restrained at the café," Cameron explained, her eyes flickering from Ashley to the entrance of the alley way. Her brothers had been right behind her, so where were they?

"No, you weren't." Ashley agreed, nodding her head with thought. "But you were held at gunpoint, twice might I add."

"It's a lifestyle," Cameron grumbled.

She felt nervous when her brothers still hadn't come into her line of view. Maybe they had been caught up, again, like at the bungalow. That meant she was on her own. Two vs one didn't sound very tempting but if she was going to get out of this, it was going to have to be by herself. 

She rolled her eyes, ignoring Ashley's blabbering. She'd been on her own for the last two years, she could stand on her own again. 

"Hey, what's that?" Cameron gestured with her head to the entrance of the alley way. Ashley gave her a puzzled direction before turning to check. 

Cameron grinned. Too easy. 

She lifted one foot up, and stomped with all her might down onto the restrainers foot. The stranger yelled out in pain, releasing her arms to grab their foot. Cameron spun quick, delivering a harsh kick to the stranger's stomach. They groaned falling to the floor, gripping their stomach.

The commotion alerted Ashley to Cameron's escape, and she was quick to turn back around. Cameron frowned at the dirty look sent at her when Ashley saw the stranger groaning on the floor. 

"You think you're so great now you have brothers, don't you?" Ashley snarled, taking a couple of threatening steps towards her.

Cameron stood tall, not backing down from the slightly taller female. "I've never thought I was great, not even since I found out I had brothers."

Ashley scoffed. 

Cameron raised an eyebrow at the agitated brunette, wondering what all this was about. The notes; the fake-parents disappearing; Ashley's attitude change. She glanced Ashley up and down, the casual outfit worn to not stand out in a crowd, the hoodie to hide her face. 

"What do you want from me?" Cameron asked softly. She watched several expression flicker across Ashley's face at the question, none staying on long enough for her to make out what they were. It took a few seconds before it settled on anger.

"You took my parents away from me!" Ashley shouted out, deranged look on her face. 

Cameron was speechless. Parents? She had never met Ashley's parents. She had no idea what Ashley was speaking about. She opened her mouth to speak, but no words came out. What did Ashley mean?

"Oh, right. Now you have nothing to say," Ashley scoffed. "I had to grow up without my parents because of you and your family. It's my turn for revenge."

Cameron was too shocked to even register Ashley moving, shoving her back. She grunted when her back hit a wall, stumbling forward, only to be rammed back into the wall again by Ashley. Her head smacked against the wall the second time, pain shooting through her skull. 

"My revenge? Oh, that's quite simple." Ashley held onto both her shoulders, holding her against the wall. She squinted, the light sending flashes of pain to her brain. "Bring you to meet your brothers, then take you away. Simple and easy. Except, it wasn't. I underestimated your brothers and their..... lets say, skill."