~26~

Song for the chapter: Boulevard of Broken Dreams by Green Day.

                           ~Kunmi~

We decided to sleep not long after that. Aminah gave up her bed for Sophia and me and even though I insisted that she or someone else join us, she maintained her stance. I saw no reason, the bed was big enough to contain four people comfortably. Maybe she did that because of Sophia who doesn't like sharing her space with people.

Thinking about Sophia, I turned to look at her from looking at the wall, slowly, careful not to make too much sound because the other girls were already lying on mattresses on the floor, probably dozing off. Aunty Sophia was lying on her side, face to me and she was pressing her phone. She'd spent more than an hour doing what she called her skincare routine. In the end, I lost track of the names of the products she'd applied on her face. I've never seen someone spend that much time applying stuff on their face.

Even Mayowa doesn't spend this much time caring for her face.

Just like I've never seen someone that spend that much time on their phone. She looked up when she felt someone's eyes on her and she stared at me blankly before she returned her attention to her phone.

It was only when we turned the lights in the room off, leaving only a neon blue one and with the rest of the girls in their positions, ready to sleep that I excused myself to use the shower and to change into my nightgown. Sophia changed too, almost immediately after me and I wondered why she waited that long.

Only God understands what's going on in this girl's head.

How would a normal person indirectly ask the girl of the boy she plans on snatching for validation?

How? Who?

And the fact that she even muttered What a bunch of losers? to herself afterward!

Was she joking? Playing pranks? Just being bitchy or what?

I don't understand. At all.

And then, afterward, act as nothing had happened. Like she had done nothing.

God! How did I end up getting entangled with this girl?

And deep down, deep deep down, I kept getting the feeling that she isn't a bad person.

I don't even know what to think.

I was sure of the fact that if anything should happen, I'd take Aminah's side in less a heartbeat.

"Aminah, I thought you invited Ella."

Bola said in a low tone and I was initially startled because I thought they were all asleep. Aminah's reply was a very dragged and long hiss.

"That poor loser. I stopped talking to her. She's not worth my friendship, my attention, my energy, or anything like that. I can't even believe I was her friend in the first place."

"Shebi I told you in the first place. You're the one who goes around making friends with everyone and anyone. You don't need......"

"Guys, please, let's sleep. Continue your convo tomorrow morning."

The voice I recognized to be Christy interrupted, her voice drowsy with sleep and the two other girls whispered words of apology before they kept quiet. Everything was quiet for a while and I kept turning and tossing, trying to sleep but sleep seems to have a mind of its own. With the way my eyes were clear, the time could as well be 11 am.